Christian Fundamentalism is Mutating

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2017, 05:23 AM
RE: Christian Fundamentalism is Mutating
(19-01-2017 08:32 PM)pablo Wrote:  Pretty ironic that the fundies are evolving.

They devolve.

When I read the opening of the thread it reminded me of the first priest who Thomas Moore disagreed with....

Dream on dreamer.... Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2017, 11:22 AM
RE: Christian Fundamentalism is Mutating
(21-01-2017 12:15 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-01-2017 10:04 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Pardon the word, but Amen. My mother worked as a public school teacher in West Virginia for 35 years. She had a Bachelors and Masters in it, a specialization in Special Ed and English, 60+ hours of continuing education, etc. and still, by the time of her retirement, made less than the 54k I do a year as a starting out Assistant Professor in Social Sciences. Once you throw in all the extra time spent at home or school beyond what the work day technically required, she was pulling 60-70 hour weeks every week, and did a lot of stuff unpaid over the summer as well.

Don't forget that a lot of teachers give their own money to help with school supplies. My father was both a teacher and the school principal in a very small school district and one time helped pay for a student's funeral who died in a car accident.

Good of your dad and ditto here. It wasn't uncommon to run out of tissues or pencils (and any number of other supplies) during the year. I think mom spent a good few hundred a year out of pocket in some years, just to make sure the kids had basic supplies. That's awesome of your dad on the funeral and helping pay for it, but completely heartbreaking at the same time. Sad

(21-01-2017 05:21 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  In case anyone's curious... our founder covered this topic in his usual outstanding manner, in one of his public speeches that I happened to watch today.

Edit: Not the schoolteachers thing. Totally in agreement on that. Undecided

My favorite one of Seth's speeches actually. Smile Know so many people who wear the ripoff shirts and such. (And was tempted to buy Bibleopoly for my cousin's Baptist minister husband and their family...then decided hearing about sacrilege for the next decade wouldn't be worth it. Also, Seth is sadly wrong, there is no Get Out of Hell Free card, only a Go Meditate square...) After that would be the Get Them While They're Young speech. <.<

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post