Christian Lies & Deceptions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Christian Lies & Deceptions
Let me first state that I do not consider myself to be a atheist but I know many atheists, both personally & on line & respect the works of people like Richard Dawkins & the sadly recently dead Christopher Hitchens.

My oldest teenage Son, once both open minded and free thinking, has got into a religious / Christian mind set where he now fails to question certain things that are fed to him by his Church. (Very unwise & he knows my views on this matter.)

As Atheists can any of you please supply me with evidence based research & studies that disprove this currently Christian view, that the world was so much better when everybody believed in God?

We were all so much more moral & society was better regulated, with less crime, less teenage pregnancy, few abortions, greater marital fidelity, less sexual transmitted infections & generally, a world with God was a happy and safe world.

It only takes the Sun Newspaper to print that STIs amongst teenagers are rising because of the availability of social media sites like Facebook & some Christians are all over the headlines like a rash & insisting that abstinence until marriage is the only safe way to remain uninfected. No thoughts as to better sex education, earlier treatment, greater openness but more 'let's keep sex for marriage' and the awful problem will disappear for our children.

Just a thought but can somebody please give me some links that a teenage boy or girl might believe.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2011, 03:33 PM
RE: Christian Lies & Deceptions
This forum is full of links, and failing that, a google search will provide thousands of links. My suggestion is to do some research, either here or elsewhere. It's basically the same thing that you are asking us to do for you. (Not to sound snotty, it's just that these things are already at your fingertips)

Just visiting.

-SR
17-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Here you go.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
17-12-2011, 03:49 PM
(17-12-2011 02:50 PM)daddyDA Wrote:  As Atheists can any of you please supply me with evidence based research & studies that disprove this currently Christian view, that the world was so much better when everybody believed in God?

We were all so much more moral & society was better regulated, with less crime, less teenage pregnancy, few abortions, greater marital fidelity, less sexual transmitted infections & generally, a world with God was a happy and safe world.

There was never a time - ever - when everyone believed in God.
There was never a time that there was no murder, theft, rape, wars, persecution, infidelity, etc.
The world has never been safe and/or happy. This is some sort of blissful ignorance.

What are those Christians smoking?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
17-12-2011, 03:51 PM
A google search of "teenage STI statistics christianity" revealed:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3546007.stm

http://www.familyfirstaid.org/std-statistics.html

http://www.advocatesforyouth.org/publica...?task=view

This is a sampling of just a couple articles from the first page that caught my eye (the search turned up several "Christian sites" which are very biased, so a refined search may provide even more effective results)

It's really that easy. Give it a shot, and let us know what you come up with.

Just visiting.

-SR
19-12-2011, 09:11 AM
I have to be with Chas on this one. I don't care how far back you decide to look in history, there is no such thing as "the good ol' days". This here what we're living now is as good as it got so far. Sure, we're multiplying like idiots and we might run out of food and resources at some point and we also have too efficient killing toys, but other than that it's better than anything we can remember.

We can speak our minds, we are free to believe or not to believe, we have better access to information and communication and our life expectancy has increased due to advanced medicine and agriculture.

People died of all kinds of disease throughout history. Violence? As much as you can grasp. Wars? You bet. Random violence? Lots. Hate crimes? ... See where I'm going with this?

Whenever there was a god, somebody took advantage and got rich and powerful through religion. Make your own Religion of God, come up with the most peaceful, humanitarian and tolerant principles and, if you make it successful, I bet you anything that within 50 years, the leader will be a rich fuck and people will kill each other over misunderstandings about your words and teachings. It simply cannot be helped.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post
19-12-2011, 09:53 AM
(17-12-2011 03:44 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Here you go.

I wouldn't trust this link. Might have a Born-Again Virus. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
08-09-2012, 12:04 PM
(17-12-2011 02:50 PM)daddyDA Wrote:  Let me first state that I do not consider myself to be a atheist but I know many atheists, both personally & on line & respect the works of people like Richard Dawkins & the sadly recently dead Christopher Hitchens.

My oldest teenage Son, once both open minded and free thinking, has got into a religious / Christian mind set where he now fails to question certain things that are fed to him by his Church. (Very unwise & he knows my views on this matter.)

As Atheists can any of you please supply me with evidence based research & studies that disprove this currently Christian view, that the world was so much better when everybody believed in God?

It only takes the Sun Newspaper to print that STIs amongst teenagers are rising because of the availability of social media sites like Facebook & some Christians are all over the headlines like a rash & insisting that abstinence until marriage is the only safe way to remain uninfected. No thoughts as to better sex education, earlier treatment, greater openness but more 'let's keep sex for marriage' and the awful problem will disappear for our children.

Just a thought but can somebody please give me some links that a teenage boy or girl might believe.

I am a new convert to reason/science based thinking. I was blown away by what I learned from reading the following books. I wish I could convince all the Christians I know into at least reading them and investigating for themselves.

Letter To A Christian Nation by Sam Harris
Biblical Nonsense: A Review of the Bible for Doubting Christians by Jason Long
Godless: How an Evangelical Preacher Became One of America's Leading Atheists by Dan Barker and Richard Dawkins
Atheist responses to Religious Arguments by Frank Butcher

Great books!!
08-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Welcome to the TTA family, it'd help more if you told us what his church is telling him. Every church is different.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
08-09-2012, 04:27 PM
(17-12-2011 03:44 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Here you go.

How did you do that ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.