Christian Misogyny

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2014, 05:14 PM
RE: Christian Misogyny
(12-02-2014 04:34 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  OK, you know what answers I am looking for but if dodging is the game then fine. How about in a modern Christian FAMILY? Is it desired for the wife to be submissive in the home and when the FAMILY is in church? I know you can stand by your faith and also be honest, so what is your opinion on how women are overall viewed throughout the Bible? And how virgins are depicted?
Women are overall viewed in the Bible as equal in worth and intelligence to men, with in general differences in temperament from men, and in general different roles to play than men.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2014, 05:18 PM
(12-02-2014 04:53 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Your being dishonest if you infer that the Bible declares men and women as equals on any grounds.
Incorrect. For example, they have equal sexual rights in marriage:
1 Cor 7
3 Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.
12-02-2014, 09:16 PM
(12-02-2014 05:18 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 04:53 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Your being dishonest if you infer that the Bible declares men and women as equals on any grounds.
Incorrect. For example, they have equal sexual rights in marriage:
1 Cor 7
3 Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.
And they are equal in the Lord. No man without a woman in the Lord and no woman without a man in the Lord.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
13-02-2014, 10:20 AM
The negs speak for themselves, folks. The second I saw the red, I skipped over literally every single post Alpha made. If we all did this, these people would fizzle out. Don't humor them.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-02-2014, 10:23 AM
(12-02-2014 03:59 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  What about what is says in 1 Timothy and elsewhere in scripture that women cannot hold authority in church, over the husband, cannot teach, must get word of God only through husband, must cover head and not speak in church...and so on? I mean is this to be carried out in a modern christian household?

The Witnesses hold to these rules, yes.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-02-2014, 10:24 AM
(13-02-2014 10:23 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 03:59 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  What about what is says in 1 Timothy and elsewhere in scripture that women cannot hold authority in church, over the husband, cannot teach, must get word of God only through husband, must cover head and not speak in church...and so on? I mean is this to be carried out in a modern christian household?

The Witnesses hold to these rules, yes.

Not just the JW's. I know some Catholics staunchly agree.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-02-2014, 10:35 AM
(13-02-2014 10:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 10:23 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  The Witnesses hold to these rules, yes.

Not just the JW's. I know some Catholics staunchly agree.

Many catholics do. My catholic wife does. Makes for interesting home dynamic. I do not agree with the biblically predefined gender roles. Who's in charge does not have to be the man and it does not have to be the same person all the time. It can be who ever has the better skill set to deal with the issue. Women are not alway the more loving and caring parent. I am the more loving and caring parent and she tends to be the bossy one. She tried to push me to be in charge, but when I take the seat she rebels. Whole nother story so I will not digress here.
13-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Christian Misogyny
(12-02-2014 05:14 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 04:34 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  OK, you know what answers I am looking for but if dodging is the game then fine. How about in a modern Christian FAMILY? Is it desired for the wife to be submissive in the home and when the FAMILY is in church? I know you can stand by your faith and also be honest, so what is your opinion on how women are overall viewed throughout the Bible? And how virgins are depicted?
Women are overall viewed in the Bible as equal in worth and intelligence to men, with in general differences in temperament from men, and in general different roles to play than men.

So you haven't read the bible, and have little to no understanding of human history.

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes