Christian "Modesty Survey" Is Sexist, Ridiculous

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2012, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2012 10:19 PM by tinypepa.)
Christian "Modesty Survey" Is Sexist, Ridiculous
So, thanks (but maybe no thanks for the frustration it brought me) to the Godless Bitches podcast, I found out about a Christian modesty survey taken by several Christian men, young and old, about what is considered "immodest" dress by women.

http://www.therebelution.com/modestysurvey/browse

I guess what drives me crazy is the fact that not only does it serve as a way for men to dictate what women should wear, (and that they are the only ones who can be immodest? where is the men's clothing survey?) I think it's just as demeaning to men to say that they are uncontrollably horny beasts.

Christian guys really spend this much time freaking out about how they may get a boner if a girl's bra strap is showing? I feel like we are living in the 1700s and no one gave me the message.

Anyway, I was so incensed by this study that I had to post on this "organization"'s Facebook page.. I'm sure not many people will actually see it or care, and my boyfriend and I will probably send lengthy emails to the directors of this organization...whose goal, by the way, is to start "a teenage rebellion against the low expectations of an ungodly culture". I think it's kind of lowering my expectations of Christians as "pure" thinking individuals, I mean, if seeing panty lines sets them into a tizzy... :x

Please let me know your opinions.
Ahh, sorry for the double post! The first one didn't seem like it posted.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like tinypepa's post
21-01-2012, 10:31 PM
RE: Christian "Modesty Survey" Is Sexist, Ridiculous
Welcome to the forum.

I've had a look through some of the lists and just about everything is immodest or a "Stumbling block". I'm looking to see if they recommend women start to wear burkas you know in case they wear something as revealing as *gasp* a shirt with a POCKET!!! [Image: smiley-shocked019.gif]
21-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

Well, you never know when you see a tiny pocket on a shirt.. it just makes you want to put your hand in it. AND TOUCH BOOBIES.
[+] 6 users Like tinypepa's post
21-01-2012, 10:46 PM
(21-01-2012 10:33 PM)tinypepa Wrote:  Thanks for the welcome!

Well, you never know when you see a tiny pocket on a shirt.. it just makes you want to put your hand in it. AND TOUCH BOOBIES.

It could be worse. I could see a tiny bit of a woman's underwear and stumble. All this temptation. I'm surprised I manage to control myself in public being male, surrounded by women dressing like sluts by showing off shirt pockets or showing off tiny amounts of skin. That's it I'm sold time for sharia law Dodgy
[+] 5 users Like FSM_scot's post
21-01-2012, 10:50 PM
I know God created the female body and it's therefore good or something, but I can't help but wanting to dress like an amorphous blob.
[+] 4 users Like tinypepa's post
21-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Once upon a time I caught myself staring at Gwyneth Paltrow's left shoulder blade, and now I don't accept a reality greater than desire. Big Grin

About this, you cannot tell me that a large part of "Christian" is sexual repression. Guys and girls are just different, but dominance games are part of the fabric of humanity. It is easy to say what is wrong, but who can say what is right? It doesn't make me a sexist to say I like to see women dressed in skin-tight leather and stiletto heels, it makes me aware of my limitations; whether or not a girl dresses like that is irrelevant.

That is why desire is the greater reality. The real world ceases to have any relevance the minute Gwyneth walks though that door. I ain't afraid to admit weakness, but most men have delusions of control. Wink

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
21-01-2012, 11:52 PM
This is something which drives me wild. When I was at uni I had a few Christian girls who were friends and they used to spend their tea breaks talking about stuff like this (only sometimes or I'd have long since dropped their friendship). Only wear jeans even on extremely hot days 'cos you know, wearing shorts gives men a boner... Long sleeved shirts... It was the fucking dark ages man! If you challenged them they'd start spouting Bible verses. They'd say "I don't want to lead you into temptation". Fuck. I wish I'd been more assertive back then. I'd have said "Well, I've got this giant boner for chicks wearing jeans..."

It's the most fucking repressive bunch of memes on the planet. Add to that the self-righteous guys who earnestly tell you why it's better for women to have a man to tell them what to do - I just want to smack these people. Idiots.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
22-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Behind the bullshit there be lots of control-freaks using their religion to pretend that they are not control-freaks.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
[+] 3 users Like No J.'s post
22-01-2012, 12:42 AM
It all started with the ankles! Blame those revealing sexy ankles!
[+] 6 users Like LadyJane's post
22-01-2012, 12:54 AM
I'm thinking it started with an outie and an innie. Talk about unintelligent design... Angel

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  That special Christian "look" dancefortwo 95 1,162 Yesterday 04:56 PM
Last Post: Anjele
  Dear Jefferson Bethke (the spoken word christian guy), JebusFreak 10 163 18-08-2014 08:51 AM
Last Post: JebusFreak
  Christian's gods offer same "Hobson's Choice" as ISIS Islamists Bucky Ball 2 105 17-08-2014 08:06 PM
Last Post: church_organ
  It's Dangerous to be a Christian Colourcraze 14 327 14-08-2014 12:22 PM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Was Hitler really a Christian TomLL 19 270 10-08-2014 09:56 PM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Mod destroyed my thread at Christian site. Fuck Christian forums Wicked Clown 17 384 08-08-2014 05:08 PM
Last Post: WindyCityJazz
  Loving Christian Pastor Says Ebola Can Solve Problems By Killing Off Atheists & Gays WindyCityJazz 7 155 08-08-2014 08:46 AM
Last Post: Impulse