Christian "Modesty Survey" Is Sexist, Ridiculous

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2012, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2012 07:25 AM by Malleus.)
RE: Christian "Modesty Survey" Is Sexist, Ridiculous
For quite some time I used to spend my vacations in a tiny place at sea. It was a place with excellent music, people feeling and acting free, beautiful bonfires at night, guitar music, dancing all night on the beach and watching the sun rise from the sea together with 200 other people and swimming right after that in a very warm sea. I used to say that it's the place where my soul lives. Then the place became ugly and commercial and I stopped believing in a soul.

Anyway, this place happened to be a gathering place for a great number of nudists. I was not a nudist myself, but the beach was classified as clothes optional so nobody frowned upon anybody else. Needless to say that seeing women completely naked gave me huge boners... for the first couple of days. After that, I still had to look every once in a while, but my thoughts were much more along the lines of "wow, she is beautiful" and much less sexual. Around the second week I barely noticed naked breasts and around the third week, it required outstanding beauty to attract my eyes for a second look. Funny enough, nobody got raped there either...

On the other hand, the more you hide the body, the more intriguing and arousing some non-sexual details become. I would bet anything that even if you legislate the burka as standard female outfit, some teenage christians would still complain that it compliments her shoulders and it's still too revealing. Oh and she had a very sexy voice when she ordered a drinking straw that would fit through the mesh covering her face. She knew what she was doing and she made no effort to protect my penis from her voice. Not to mention that I saw the tip of her finger and she had very delicate and clean fingernails. How much temptation can one man withstand?

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Malleus's post
22-01-2012, 07:18 AM
(21-01-2012 10:18 PM)tinypepa Wrote:  I guess what drives me crazy is the fact that not only does it serve as a way for men to dictate what women should wear, (and that they are the only ones who can be immodest? where is the men's clothing survey?) I think it's just as demeaning to men to say that they are uncontrollably horny beasts.

Agreed - as if men can't control themselves. I've never turned down a woman offering herself to me, and I don't know any men that have, but it could happen theoretically! So how dare they stereotype us men like that!

There isn't such as thing as "immodest" men's wear because when we dress like a slut people say it's merely dressing "too casually". This link explains it best (number 4). Why the double standard? I don't know, because to me it's silly and arbitrary.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Another view is that these views are the result of repressing or sublimating their own 'dirty thoughts'.

You will find the most repressive ones are the biggest sinners.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-01-2012, 10:52 AM
(22-01-2012 07:18 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(21-01-2012 10:18 PM)tinypepa Wrote:  I guess what drives me crazy is the fact that not only does it serve as a way for men to dictate what women should wear, (and that they are the only ones who can be immodest? where is the men's clothing survey?) I think it's just as demeaning to men to say that they are uncontrollably horny beasts.

Agreed - as if men can't control themselves. I've never turned down a woman offering herself to me, and I don't know any men that have, but it could happen theoretically! So how dare they stereotype us men like that!

I've done it a few times. You never dated one chick and had another chick give you the look? Come on, now; we do think with the other head once in a while. Wink

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Just do away with all clothes and let's see how that works. I would wade through more of their results but they are so stupid I could actually feel my IQ falling as I read them.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
22-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Did you read this part?
Quote:Girls with less curves can wear clothes that girls with more curves should not.

How is this fair? According to this guy, those of us who could be deemed more shapely should be confined to unflattering frump-wear Dodgy

Quote:A purse with the strap diagonally across the chest draws too much attention to the bust.
Quote:It is a stumbling block to see a girl lying down, even if she's just hanging out on the floor or on a couch with her friends.
Quote:The way a girl walks can be a stumbling block.

Some of this stuff sounds creepishly like rapist excuses

(22-01-2012 05:48 AM)Malleus Wrote:  On the other hand, the more you hide the body, the more intriguing and arousing some non-sexual details become. I would bet anything that even if you legislate the burka as standard female outfit, some teenage christians would still complain that it compliments her shoulders and it's still too revealing. Oh and she had a very sexy voice when she ordered a drinking straw that would fit through the mesh covering her face. She knew what she was doing and she made no effort to protect my penis from her voice. Not to mention that I saw the tip of her finger and she had very delicate and clean fingernails. How much temptation can one man withstand?

Exactly. Modesty is a social construct, so the more a society deems a body part as "forbidden" to be shown, the more it will become erotic. There are even cultures that are turned-on by elbows because they can't be shown (if I remember correctly, Orthodox Jews are one of them)
Which is kind of funny, since the objective of religions is to de-eroticize people by making them adhere to "modest" dress standards, but the results produce the opposite reactions Wink

"it is a principle innate and co-natural to every man to have an insatiable inclination to the truth, and to seek for it as for hid treasure..."
-Thomas Aikenhead
[+] 2 users Like Mia's post
22-01-2012, 11:37 PM
(22-01-2012 11:16 PM)Mia Wrote:  Did you read this part?
Quote:Girls with less curves can wear clothes that girls with more curves should not.

How is this fair? According to this guy, those of us who could be deemed more shapely should be confined to unflattering frump-wear Dodgy

Quote:A purse with the strap diagonally across the chest draws too much attention to the bust.
Quote:It is a stumbling block to see a girl lying down, even if she's just hanging out on the floor or on a couch with her friends.
Quote:The way a girl walks can be a stumbling block.

Some of this stuff sounds creepishly like rapist excuses

Fucking hell. I hadn't followed the link. These guys would want to prescribe what a girl should do at all times. FUCKING ASSHOLES. Angry There's no excuse for this. The way a girl walks huh? Well, I can't help myself, the way you walk makes me want to punch your face, asshat, so sit in a fucking chair all day in case you tempt me. It won't be my fault, it's *yours* for walking like a guy who needs a punch in the face.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
24-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Saying that Christianity is repressive to women is like saying humans evolved from lower primates. Oh wait a minute. They don't believe that is true either. Big Grin
...and the world moves on while they stand still.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
24-01-2012, 11:01 PM
[/quote]

I've done it a few times. You never dated one chick and had another chick give you the look? Come on, now; we do think with the other head once in a while. Wink
[/quote]

That's because some women only like what others have or what they can't have!!! Angry

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
25-01-2012, 06:10 AM
I remember, back in the 50's the old man would give us hell if our belly buttons showed when wearing bathing suits. Then you would look at him with his hiked right up over the navel and one of his nuts would be hanging out the bottom! Scarring yes but funny too!
[+] 2 users Like jimmygun's post