Christian Movie Response Paper *Move if Needed*

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2015, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2015 08:37 PM by lecoffee.)
Christian Movie Response Paper *Move if Needed*
Hello fellow friends.

I attend a public school (I'm in 8th grade) in a rural part of USA. It's not a Christian school but almost everyone's Christian. All the teachers where crosses. So my English Teacher had us watch a movie "Simon Birch" which dealt with a little kid who was deformed but had strong faith in God. The plot doesn't really matter but he assigned a topic response paper that dealt with the film. Please, I've been wondering what to do. He has us do it through Google Classroom, but here's what comes up.

"God has a plan for everyone…including Ben Goodrich.”

“I’m God’s instrument…. There are no accidents. God has a plan for all of us.”

Do you agree with Simon and believe that each person has a specific purpose? If so, what leads you to think so? If you do not agree, what leads you to think that there is not a specific purpose to life?

I honestly don't know what to do. Really this a huge question, "What's the purpose of life?" I feel as if he's portraying it with the God quotes as, Explain why this is right, and oh if you disagree with it tell me why. I don't know if I'm supposed to write my purpose of life or a response to why I thnk it is wrong, or write a pro jesus story.

Please help

edit: I also believe that he's saying if you don't believe a godd there is no purpose in life.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: Christian Movie Response Paper *Move if Needed*
Instead I'd write a paper about the US Constitution, and why such topics are totally inappropriate in public schools. I'd rant about how the US legal system was set up to insure separation of church and state, and being forced to discuss religion in a public schools is being asked to submit to exactly what the founders fought and gave their lives to prevent. Then I'd email the assignment to your state Civil Liberties Union, your school board, your principal, and your state and Federal representatives.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 10 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-01-2015, 09:30 PM
8th grade? GTFO! WTF is up with the mods on this site? Censored

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2015, 09:56 PM
Wow this is wrong in a public school. Contact the Freedom From Religion Foundation and file a report. They won't mention you if they send a letter. The only issue that I can see with Bucky's suggestion of the principal and school board is that you can be outed and the backlash may not be good.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
29-01-2015, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2015 10:25 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(29-01-2015 09:30 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  8th grade? GTFO! WTF is up with the mods on this site? Censored

Shit damned if I do..and damned if I don't.

Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

29-01-2015, 10:07 PM
Yes, god has a purpose for everyone, especially Jeffrey Dahmer. Dodgy

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
29-01-2015, 10:18 PM
(29-01-2015 09:30 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  8th grade? GTFO! WTF is up with the mods on this site? Censored

Sheesh. Didn't see an age limit thing on here, I'll leave peacefully.
29-01-2015, 10:23 PM
Anyway before I go, I wrote my paper defending why I think what I think, I thought it turned out pretty good.
[+] 4 users Like lecoffee's post
29-01-2015, 10:27 PM
(29-01-2015 10:23 PM)lecoffee Wrote:  Anyway before I go, I wrote my paper defending why I think what I think, I thought it turned out pretty good.

Good for you.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

29-01-2015, 10:28 PM
(29-01-2015 08:02 PM)lecoffee Wrote:  Hello fellow friends.

I attend a public school (I'm in 8th grade) in a rural part of USA. It's not a Christian school but almost everyone's Christian. All the teachers where crosses. So my English Teacher had us watch a movie "Simon Birch" which dealt with a little kid who was deformed but had strong faith in God. The plot doesn't really matter but he assigned a topic response paper that dealt with the film. Please, I've been wondering what to do. He has us do it through Google Classroom, but here's what comes up.

"God has a plan for everyone…including Ben Goodrich.”

“I’m God’s instrument…. There are no accidents. God has a plan for all of us.”

Do you agree with Simon and believe that each person has a specific purpose? If so, what leads you to think so? If you do not agree, what leads you to think that there is not a specific purpose to life?

I honestly don't know what to do. Really this a huge question, "What's the purpose of life?" I feel as if he's portraying it with the God quotes as, Explain why this is right, and oh if you disagree with it tell me why. I don't know if I'm supposed to write my purpose of life or a response to why I thnk it is wrong, or write a pro jesus story.

Please help

edit: I also believe that he's saying if you don't believe a godd there is no purpose in life.

Surely these topics are not relevant to an English class...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post