Christian Movie Response Paper *Move if Needed*

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2015, 08:11 AM
RE: Christian Movie Response Paper *Move if Needed*
(29-01-2015 08:02 PM)lecoffee Wrote:  Do you agree with Simon and believe that each person has a specific purpose? If so, what leads you to think so? If you do not agree, what leads you to think that there is not a specific purpose to life?

I honestly don't know what to do. Really this a huge question, "What's the purpose of life?" I feel as if he's portraying it with the God quotes as, Explain why this is right, and oh if you disagree with it tell me why. I don't know if I'm supposed to write my purpose of life or a response to why I thnk it is wrong, or write a pro jesus story.

Please help

edit: I also believe that he's saying if you don't believe a godd there is no purpose in life.

I don't see how this is a clear violation of church and state. It's merely a question about purpose, and I think it's a good question for children to explore regardless of which side of the fence they stand on. If the question only allowed for a theistic or religious responses, I can see why it would be offensive or inappropriate. It invited children to be introspective, to consider their own lives and the lives of others, and whether they believe it has some meaning, or whether they think it's absent of it.

I don't see why you'd have a hard time writing your thoughts on the subject from your perspective as an unbeliever, as if it would be no more valid than anyone else's. Perhaps it may be even more illuminating than the perspective of others, considering meaningless suffering, the conditions of the hopeless, and the non-Simons of the world. I think you have a golden opportunity here, why not take advantage of it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply