Christian Movies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2012, 02:28 AM
RE: Christian Movies
(01-12-2012 12:22 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(01-12-2012 12:15 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  No no. That movie is anathema to a Christee lover. It would burn if it entered a Christian church!
Really? So Catholics can only love it?
I'm not sure where the Pope stands. I wouldn't think he'd approve.

My most lasting memory of the movie was not anything I've seen, but what I heard when I was taking swimming lessons in the summer of my 2nd or 3rd grade. Forever burned into my brain is some punk kid singing at the top of his lungs, "Jesus Christ, Superstar, Who in the fuck do you think you are?" Laughat

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2012, 02:29 AM
(28-11-2012 03:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Does Book of Eli count as a "Christian movie"? If so, that's an awesome Christian movie.
I've wondered this. I can't decide. Was the book important because of the history? Or was it intended to rebalance the morality of the world? Which, I think even you will say, secular people/culture can still be moral. So hmmm...?

This isn't a movie, but this was on a lot while growing up at home. This clip shows how complicated angel life can be....

[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
01-12-2012, 02:33 AM
(01-12-2012 02:28 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  My most lasting memory of the movie was not anything I've seen, but what I heard when I was taking swimming lessons in the summer of my 2nd or 3rd grade. Forever burned into my brain is some punk kid singing at the top of his lungs, "Jesus Christ, Superstar, Who in the fuck do you think you are?" Laughat
OMG that kids stole my brother and I's lyrics!!!! (even though we prob weren't born yet)
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
06-12-2012, 01:00 PM
(01-12-2012 12:12 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Oh my GOD! You guys are forgetting the BEST one! I can still watch this whole thing and love it!

Heart Heart Heart

My brother and I would make up words to songs growing up a la Weird Al style and we had epic and BAD lyrics for this one. Mom would do three arm flailing crosses (Catholic) if she heard us and we'd fight giggling. My poor mom Sad I love her.

Bitter sweet memories with this film, mostly sweet. I still know all the real words.
By ALL accounts of the Fundamentalist folk i hung around, the school i went and the church i attended....they ALL agreed that JC Superstar was a 100% work of the Devil. Not based on sound scripture, blah blah blah.....
BUT even more NOISE was made about "The Last Temptation of Christ" and how evil that film is.
I watched Last Temptation for the first time 2 years ago...it was TERRIBLE! Forget its theology angles, but the script and acting were atrocious. Harvey Keitel as Judas has to be the WORST casting decision in the history of hollywood.

D
06-12-2012, 01:35 PM
(06-12-2012 01:00 PM)Denicio Wrote:  
(01-12-2012 12:12 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Oh my GOD! You guys are forgetting the BEST one! I can still watch this whole thing and love it!

Heart Heart Heart

My brother and I would make up words to songs growing up a la Weird Al style and we had epic and BAD lyrics for this one. Mom would do three arm flailing crosses (Catholic) if she heard us and we'd fight giggling. My poor mom Sad I love her.

Bitter sweet memories with this film, mostly sweet. I still know all the real words.
By ALL accounts of the Fundamentalist folk i hung around, the school i went and the church i attended....they ALL agreed that JC Superstar was a 100% work of the Devil. Not based on sound scripture, blah blah blah.....
BUT even more NOISE was made about "The Last Temptation of Christ" and how evil that film is.
I watched Last Temptation for the first time 2 years ago...it was TERRIBLE! Forget its theology angles, but the script and acting were atrocious. Harvey Keitel as Judas has to be the WORST casting decision in the history of hollywood.

D

Oh yeah...along with JC Superstar, Godspell was also an abomination of desolation in the temple of the Lord.
I remember I was in seminary when Last Temptation came out. I was told it was bad so I just figured it was. Like you, D, I saw it some years back and couldn't figure out what the big deal was. It was bad. Although I think I remember getting a little turned on my Jesus sticking it to Mary Magdalene.
Probably NO ONE would have watched it if there hadn't been so much hoopla about boycotting it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My