Christian Mythology

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2017, 07:26 AM
Christian Mythology
Hello atheist I got a question about christian mythology. What i mean my this is Commonly accepted christian believe that is not mentioned in the bible. For example Catholics believe that Marry was born without original sin, stayed a virgin till death (although it mentions that jesus had brother)and that she flew into heaven.Dodgy another example is the war in heaven. Now I wish to know where these belief like Marian worship come from and when was it formed?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2017, 08:02 AM
RE: Christian Mythology
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=assumption+of+mary

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
14-01-2017, 09:59 PM
IMO it has a simple explanation: Goddess worship adapted for a monotheism with a male deity. It's not that Mary was raised to superhuman status; a goddess was given reduced powers and stripped of her divine credentials.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
14-01-2017, 10:03 PM
Mushrooms

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-01-2017, 11:45 PM
Details of other cultures are easier to use to get folks under your control.

It's not a far reach to see how the Catholic Church was holding such power by spreading and securing belief and how they're loaded with other types of ideas or celebrations not specific to their doctrines.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-01-2017, 08:58 AM
Actually the theme of the "mother goddess" is a component of many of the world's mythologies ... see Joseph Campbell's writings.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.