Christian Propaganda you were forced to watch as a kid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2014, 11:51 AM
RE: Christian Propaganda you were forced to watch as a kid
(02-07-2014 06:41 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  The two biggest ones I had to watch were Bibleman and Veggie Tales...

[Image: 51fJ%2BGMlmbL._SY300_.jpg]

[Image: veggietales.jpg]

I only watched it to make my dad proud because religion was all he cared about.

oh geezus, my mom (a pentecostal minister) always bought my kids veggi tales for presents Facepalm

thanks mom. No

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 01:40 PM
Fortunately, I wasn't forced to watch any Christian propaganda. In fact, the only religious media my family had me watch was The Ten Commandments.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
03-07-2014, 04:47 PM
The ending of this is pretty disturbing. Not something kids should be made too watch.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Huh. So Jehovah's witnesses aren't Christians in the traditional sense? They don't believe Jesus=God? I did not know that.
03-07-2014, 05:40 PM

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like TSG's post
03-07-2014, 06:44 PM
I remember watching some 80's cartoons as a kid that depicted events from the Bible. I seem to remember them being on TV during the week day (based on where I remember seeing it), but it's possible someone had them on VHS.

I was also forced to watch a lot of 700 Club when I was a pre-teen. Holy shit, that stuff will scare a kid!
04-07-2014, 08:06 AM
(03-07-2014 04:47 PM)Sam Wrote:  The ending of this is pretty disturbing. Not something kids should be made too watch.

Holy shit! That would be terrifying for an impressionable child! Horrible!

I remember watching Christian videos and TV shows, but don't recall specific names. I read a lot of Chick Tracts.

There was one in particular which I never read, but discovered later on the internet. It is called Lisa, and it is one of the sickest things I have ever read. It is about a man who molests his daughter. This is, of course, his wife's fault. She isn't meeting his needs, and she keeps nagging him to get a job. Lisa ends up with an STD, diagnosed by her pediatrician. The doctor immediately reports the abuse to the authorities, as required by law. Oh no, wait that would be the logical thing to do. No, instead he prays with the father, and the man's pedophilic urges immediately go away. The father goes home and confesses to his wife, and she confesses that she has been physically abusing the child. Both pray, and then they call in little Lisa and promise to never hurt her again. No one goes to jail. Little Lisa presumably suffers no lasting psychological damage, I suppose because of the praying.

http://www.fmh-child.org/Lisa.html
[/php]
04-07-2014, 09:25 AM
(03-07-2014 04:47 PM)Sam Wrote:  The ending of this is pretty disturbing. Not something kids should be made too watch.

The end of the video mentions that only the 144,000 select Jehovah's Witlesses (wink) get to see him in Heaven.
As of last August, there are 7.69 million of them. (source)
"That's a lot of competition, Timmy. You'd better get out there and knock on doors so that Jesus/Michael will love you more."

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post
04-07-2014, 09:34 AM
(04-07-2014 08:06 AM)beeglez Wrote:  I remember watching Christian videos and TV shows, but don't recall specific names. I read a lot of Chick Tracts.

There was one in particular which I never read, but discovered later on the internet. It is called Lisa, and it is one of the sickest things I have ever read. It is about a man who molests his daughter. This is, of course, his wife's fault. She isn't meeting his needs, and she keeps nagging him to get a job. Lisa ends up with an STD, diagnosed by her pediatrician. The doctor immediately reports the abuse to the authorities, as required by law. Oh no, wait that would be the logical thing to do. No, instead he prays with the father, and the man's pedophilic urges immediately go away. The father goes home and confesses to his wife, and she confesses that she has been physically abusing the child. Both pray, and then they call in little Lisa and promise to never hurt her again. No one goes to jail. Little Lisa presumably suffers no lasting psychological damage, I suppose because of the praying.

http://www.fmh-child.org/Lisa.html
[/php]

And the moral of the story is: Praying makes pedophilia okay!!Thumbsup

"So, little Lisa, when daddy Censored you in your Censored, just pray to make life happy again!"

This may be the most offensively fucked up story I have ever heard.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
04-07-2014, 10:58 AM
(03-07-2014 05:35 PM)natachan Wrote:  Huh. So Jehovah's witnesses aren't Christians in the traditional sense? They don't believe Jesus=God? I did not know that.

This is one of the main reasons I don't feel the "no true Scotsman" fallacy applies to Christianity. There really is very little that all of us have in common.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
[+] 2 users Like TarzanSmith's post