04-07-2014, 11:47 AM
RE: Christian Propaganda you were forced to watch as a kid
(03-07-2014 09:20 AM)Elskidor Wrote:  Frailty

You were forced to watch that?Blink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2014, 12:02 PM
I watched a live song and dance number potraying the founding of the church of latter day saints. I wasn't mormon, my friend was. Other than that, no. I grew up on transformers, blues clues, and cartoon network.
04-07-2014, 12:29 PM
I wasn't forced to watch but this was part of after school TV programming when I was growing up.

[Image: daveyandgoliath.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-07-2014, 01:32 PM
I still have nightmares. "No no, I won't be your neighbor 'cause you scare the bejebus outta me."

Evil incarnate. Haven't spoken with a neighbor since.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-07-2014, 01:36 PM
(04-07-2014 01:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I still have nightmares. "No no, I won't be your neighbor 'cause you scare the bejebus outta me."

Evil incarnate. Haven't spoken with a neighbor since.

But, but...he had all those sweaters and those

really creepy puppets

and a dude named Mr. McFeely...

what could go wrong? Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
04-07-2014, 01:47 PM
The sneakers creeped me out the most. "Why you putting tennis shoes on? We gonna have a romp around the neighborhood?" Huh

(04-07-2014 01:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  and a dude named Mr. McFeely...

Gives a whole new meaning to "And you'll have things to talk about. And I will too." Hobo

#sigh
04-07-2014, 01:50 PM
(04-07-2014 01:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The sneakers creeped me out the most. "Why you putting tennis shoes on? We gonna have a romp around the neighborhood?" Gasp Sadcryface Hobo

(04-07-2014 01:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  and a dude named Mr. McFeely...

You point has been made...sob...Sadcryface2

04-07-2014, 01:52 PM
(04-07-2014 01:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-07-2014 01:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The sneakers creeped me out the most. "Why you putting tennis shoes on? We gonna have a romp around the neighborhood?" Gasp Sadcryface Hobo

You point has been made...sob...Sadcryface2

143 Anj, 143. Big Grin

#sigh
04-07-2014, 04:55 PM
[/quote]

And the moral of the story is: Praying makes pedophilia okay!!Thumbsup

"So, little Lisa, when daddy Censored you in your Censored, just pray to make life happy again!"

This may be the most offensively fucked up story I have ever heard.
[/quote]

I don't think it was received well. They took it out of production.

I'd like to reprint it and change the ending to where Lisa reports the abuse to one of her teachers, and social services investigates. Lisa's scumbag piece of shit dad, the piece of shit neighbor, and her sorry ass mother are all arrested, convicted, and sent to prison in the general population where all the other prisoners know what they did. The doctor who failed to report also faces charges for failing to report child abuse and receives a reprimand and is put on probation by the medical board. Lisa goes into foster care and is adopted by a lovely atheist family who tells her none of that shit was her fault, they get her the proper counseling, and she grows up to become a successful attorney or judge who puts pedophiles in prison until one of her siblings, who became a medical researcher, develops a highly successful treatment for pedophilia.
[+] 1 user Likes beeglez's post
04-07-2014, 04:59 PM
(03-07-2014 11:49 AM)Sam Wrote:  As a kid there were two things I wanted to do when I grew up... Join the RAF and become a fighter pilot, or play guitar in a band professionally.

The former fell by the wayside pretty quickly after I discovered I was colour blind... But I was learning the guitar very quickly, and soon had a band going in school.

When it became clear that I was more interested in playing and listening to Rock music than read the Bible and Watchtower magazines, my grandmother sent me a DVD, insisting that I watch it and get "straightened out".

So I watched it...

It was about a kid in an American college/high-school who was very good at athletics. So good, his coach thought he could go pro, and maybe even compete in the Olympics. But there was a problem, because the kid was a Jehovah's Witness.

In a nutshell... It basically said you should give up on all your talents, dreams and ambitions, however much you enjoy them. To spend a lifetime reading the fucking Bible, and how much happier you'll be if you do.

Needless to say... The DVD ended up in the trash.

I think I saw that.

Just because YOU believe in fairies doesn't mean anybody else should.