Christian Propaganda you were forced to watch as a kid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2014, 05:09 PM
RE: Christian Propaganda you were forced to watch as a kid
(03-07-2014 05:35 PM)natachan Wrote:  Huh. So Jehovah's witnesses aren't Christians in the traditional sense? They don't believe Jesus=God? I did not know that.

They claim to be the only true christians, but no, they are Ayrian, meaning Jesus=/=God.

Just because YOU believe in fairies doesn't mean anybody else should.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2014, 05:16 PM
I don't remember watching much when I was a kid, but I did wear out at least one set of Psalty cassettes. No

[Image: PKC_HEADER_LOGO_png24.png]

Later on I was subjected to the Satanic panic crap like Geraldo's special "Exposing Satan's Underground"

and "Hell's Bells - The Dangers of Rock 'N' Roll."

And I told him "that's crazy..." Unsure
04-07-2014, 05:56 PM
(04-07-2014 04:59 PM)Bible Belt Brawler Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 11:49 AM)Sam Wrote:  As a kid there were two things I wanted to do when I grew up... Join the RAF and become a fighter pilot, or play guitar in a band professionally.

The former fell by the wayside pretty quickly after I discovered I was colour blind... But I was learning the guitar very quickly, and soon had a band going in school.

When it became clear that I was more interested in playing and listening to Rock music than read the Bible and Watchtower magazines, my grandmother sent me a DVD, insisting that I watch it and get "straightened out".

So I watched it...

It was about a kid in an American college/high-school who was very good at athletics. So good, his coach thought he could go pro, and maybe even compete in the Olympics. But there was a problem, because the kid was a Jehovah's Witness.

In a nutshell... It basically said you should give up on all your talents, dreams and ambitions, however much you enjoy them. To spend a lifetime reading the fucking Bible, and how much happier you'll be if you do.

Needless to say... The DVD ended up in the trash.

I think I saw that.

My main memory of it was of an old German bloke, with a cane.

The stars are matter, we are matter... but it doesn't matter. - Captain Beefheart
04-07-2014, 06:10 PM
(04-07-2014 01:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I still have nightmares. "No no, I won't be your neighbor 'cause you scare the bejebus outta me."

Evil incarnate. Haven't spoken with a neighbor since.

Can you imagine how the world would look if conservative, middle-class, white, Christian America's vision of heaven came true?

Thank fuck the '60s happened.

The stars are matter, we are matter... but it doesn't matter. - Captain Beefheart
04-07-2014, 06:34 PM
None actually, I should say I was a christian because I thought it was cool and the right thing to do. Undecided

[Image: get_some_by_addmedia-d78ip4k.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
04-07-2014, 10:14 PM
(02-07-2014 07:04 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I watch Veggietales by choice.

But only for the silly songs with larry.

Same I still love some of them haha The Hairbrush Song being a personal favorite.

It's also fun to describe to people.. "Oh it's a bout a talking Tomato that teaches you about God and a hairbrush obsessed Cucumber."

lolwut?
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post