Christian Rock

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2017, 07:56 PM
RE: Christian Rock
(24-01-2017 07:41 PM)Leela Wrote:  Just saying...

HAHAHAHA! OMG, this is such a great find! Bowing

If the pope went to Zumba class, then he may be eligible to spend eternity in my special unicorn mountain kingdom. Cool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes hannaskywalker's post
24-01-2017, 09:31 PM
(24-01-2017 04:57 PM)hannaskywalker Wrote:  I actually really like Flyleaf (from back in the day with Lacie Sturm). I know that their music probably isn't considered complex by a musician's standards. But I love Lacie's vocals, and I actually find (some) of their songs inspiring. What do ya'll think about Flyleaf?

All Around Me is so great.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
24-01-2017, 09:44 PM
(24-01-2017 09:31 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(24-01-2017 04:57 PM)hannaskywalker Wrote:  I actually really like Flyleaf (from back in the day with Lacie Sturm). I know that their music probably isn't considered complex by a musician's standards. But I love Lacie's vocals, and I actually find (some) of their songs inspiring. What do ya'll think about Flyleaf?

All Around Me is so great.

I Heart that song!

If the pope went to Zumba class, then he may be eligible to spend eternity in my special unicorn mountain kingdom. Cool
[+] 1 user Likes hannaskywalker's post
24-01-2017, 11:48 PM
The soundtrack for Killing Floor 2 is even split between original compositions for the game by zYnthetic, and licensed Christian Metal. Now by default the game disabled the lyrics to the licensed music, which at that point makes it indistinguishable from most other Metal. Still, it's better to have just the groove without being distracted by lyrics while you're fighting for your life against the monstrous hordes.

But as far as faith music goes, I've always genuinely enjoyed King's X. While not a Christian Rock group per se, a lot of their music focuses on the band member's struggle with their faith and self acceptance (the bassist and lead vocals, Doug Pinnick, is gay). Their music, and especially the vocals, have a gospel influence; stemming from Pinnick's strict Southern Baptist upbringing. Pinnick now identifies as agnostic, Gaskill has distanced himself from Christianity, and Tabor still identifies as Christian but has called the Christian music industry "vile".

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
25-01-2017, 03:10 AM
So when xtian "rock stars" are out on tour -- how does that work with the groupies????

I suspect it's the same as regular rock stars, they just feel guilty about it afterwards.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-01-2017, 03:25 AM
(25-01-2017 03:10 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  So when xtian "rock stars" are out on tour -- how does that work with the groupies????

I suspect it's the same as regular rock stars, they just feel guilty about it afterwards.......

What makes you think there are groupies to be had?

Their most common venue is churches after all.

25-01-2017, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2017 06:29 AM by Heath_Tierney.)
Not rock so much as folk, but I've always enjoyed Martyn Joseph who hails from Cardiff, Wales. Met him a number of times during my churchgoing years. Liberal Backslider is a lot of fun.

And Working Mother always gives me chills, about a woman forced into prostitution in order to feed her kids:

In a hotel called the Harlequin
With carpets that are bald
I offer several services
At least that's what they're called
But there's no real variation on a fifteen minute maul

I'm a working mother hoping to get home

Working mother under cover
Another violent kiss
Working mother pop-up lover
Am I worth more than this?
25-01-2017, 06:22 AM
(25-01-2017 03:25 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 03:10 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  So when xtian "rock stars" are out on tour -- how does that work with the groupies????

What makes you think there are groupies to be had?

You never got laid in a church???

Dude -- up till I was 16 and got my driver's license - all of the pussy I got was either in church, or church camp......

Those girls are just as horny (if not more) than any other girls....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-01-2017, 06:30 AM
(25-01-2017 06:22 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 03:25 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What makes you think there are groupies to be had?

You never got laid in a church???

Dude -- up till I was 16 and got my driver's license - all of the pussy I got was either in church, or church camp......

Uh, no. Nothing kills my boner faster than organized religion.

I'm just saying that 'show me your tits' isn't something you're likely to see and or hear at a Christian Rock concert held at a church. I mean, of course people are fucking in churches; it's practically the international pastime for Catholic clergy...

25-01-2017, 06:33 AM
(25-01-2017 06:30 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 06:22 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You never got laid in a church???

Uh, no. Nothing kills my boner faster than organized religion.

I'm just saying that 'show me your tits' isn't something you're likely to see and or hear at a Christian Rock concert held at a church. I mean, of course people are fucking in churches; it's practically the international pastime for Catholic clergy...

And -- remember all them girls are dressed up nice, and freshly laundered..

heh