Christian Science Fiction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2016, 03:31 AM
Christian Science Fiction
I've watched a few, the ones that aren't too preachy are okay I suppose. You could argue that the Bible is merely a sci-fi novel, so I'm not surprised that these films are now starting to be made.

Walking every week in the Peak District National Park: http://peakwalking.blogspot.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2016, 08:37 AM
RE: Christian Science Fiction
heavy on the fiction.....

Light -- like helium light - on the science............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
27-03-2016, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2016 09:42 PM by The Organic Chemist.)
(27-03-2016 03:31 AM)churchmouse Wrote:  I've watched a few, the ones that aren't too preachy are okay I suppose. You could argue that the Bible is merely a sci-fi novel, so I'm not surprised that these films are now starting to be made.

I don't see where the science is in the bible. After all, this is the book that prescribes killing pigeons to cure leprosy, says you can breed different goats by what they are looking at, and talks of demon posessed swine. Fiction, yes. Science, absolutely not.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
27-03-2016, 09:59 AM
watch bibleman on youtube. its excellent
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
28-03-2016, 08:09 AM
(27-03-2016 09:59 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  watch bibleman on youtube. its excellent

The bible reloaded one is great.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
28-03-2016, 11:08 AM
Malicious animal magnetism is an expression coined by Mary Baker Eddy (1821-1910), the founder of Christian Science. The mentally delusional Eddy rejected Anton Mesmer's notion of magnétisme animal and agreed with magnetic healer and father of "New Thought" Phineas Parkhurst Quimby (1802-1866) that only a god heals.

Eddy believed, however, that one could manipulate the universal fluid that permeates all things to cause illness and harm. By using malicious animal magnetism one can transmit something damaging to another person. Eddy took this idea to be a scientific explanation for things like casting evil spells.

Eddy believed her enemies were poisoning her with malicious animal magnetism. Although there is no compelling scientific evidence for the existence of malicious animal magnetism, the belief remains a part of the doctrine of Christian Science.
—Robert Todd Carroll, Dec 2013

Thankfully this lunatic pseudo-religion is on its death bed. The Manual of the Mother Church provide the names of current Christian Science practitioners, "Scientists" [sic] trained to offer Christian Science prayer on behalf of others. In 1941 there were 11,200 practitioners in the United States, against only 965 in 2015, plus a mere 284 worldwide.

Frighteningly in Australia where their numbers are (thankfully) minuscule, "children of practising members of the Church of Christ, Scientist are exempt from vaccination" in accord with Federal government legislation. These are the supercritical MMR (18 months) and MMRV (4 years) vaccines.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
28-03-2016, 11:23 AM
(27-03-2016 03:31 AM)churchmouse Wrote:  I've watched a few, the ones that aren't too preachy are okay I suppose. You could argue that the Bible is merely a sci-fi novel, so I'm not surprised that these films are now starting to be made.

NO, not si fi, not even close to something like Star Wars or Star Trek. More like a Russ Myer B movie or "Attack of the Killer Tomatos". The Bible hardly has a good plot and simply strings a bunch of stories together to make God look good.

The bible reads like a bratty kid playing an X Box. He keeps hitting reset to to get to the next level because he cant get his characters to do what he wants and in the end he smashes the X Box. It is peppered with some kind motifs sure, but nothing really unique that you couldn't find in other religions.

The bible fails from the start. It starts out with two innocent pawns Adam and Eve who were thrust in to the situation they had no consent in how it was set up. And they were poker chips in a bet between God and Lucifer. And then this allegedly all powerful god then hits reset with an act of genocide in the flood, which would had to have innocent adults and children and babies dying by drowning for no other reason than they belonged to the wrong club. Then he hits reset again by committing a fake suicide which was supposed to stop sin as well, he promises his son/himself wont beat the shit out of people like he did before, but at the end of the book he goes right back to doing just that to even those who simply didn't want to follow him.

This isn't even like the original character Frankenstein who innocently murders the girl by mistake because he sees her throwing petals into the water thinking she wanted to be in the water as well.

The God character is nothing short of Big Brother but without any plot or character development. It is a rambling book of nonsense reflecting the tribal kingships of the times the book was written in. I have read much better fiction and si fi than the bible.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-03-2016, 12:43 PM
Shit... They don't have that as well do they?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2016, 02:22 AM
Do you mean Christian (Science Fiction) or (Christian Science) Fiction?

Sapere aude
10-04-2016, 02:44 AM
Still can't compete with Jews in Space.

[Image: shot00041.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post