Christian Site Reviews.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Christian Site Reviews.
This thread is inspired by a little incident that occurred recently here http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...an-Forums. I can't seem to get the insert link button to do anything.

Anyways I will use this thread to review Christian websites, focusing more on the forums than anything else. Purely do to the mass amount of views to be gathered all at once.

I will try to give a fair and polite review and keep my swear words to a minimum since they seem to offend more Christians than the word fag does. For some reason.

The way I will go about this will be initially dishonest as so far the only forum I've encountered has been fairly restrictive in who it will allow to post or view topics. If I feel that the forum is open to any kind of user I will likely refrain from deception. Somehow I think it less likely for that to occur. we shall see.

On this venture I hope to have some accomplices to round out the forum view. One to be the atheist, one a moderate christian, and one a frothing at the mouth psycho christian that seems to be all too familiar as of late.
We will post nothing this time other than the end result to prevent ourselves from being found out.
We will also follow all other forum rules and be polite unless the situation calls for other behavior.

So on to the first review.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
27-03-2012, 09:22 AM
RE: Christian Site Reviews.
Worthy Christian Forums

Already we have an issue because of the name of this place. It seems to me to be really pompous.

That aside, I registered using the name Sidarcul. Which is my name here but backwards. I was intending on just never mentioning what I believed and seeing the site for what it was. This became rather difficult for me as this site is not the .... well .... if you`re a moderate christian or an agnostic atheist this might not be the place for you.
While there were a couple kind and rational Christians to be found the vast majority of posters seemed to me to be absolutely irrational and prone to bigotry. The thread titles themselves were rather descriptive of the mindset shared by most active users.

Navigating the place was like visiting a national museum of horrors. From threads about what women should be allowed to do, to threads about defending Sarah Palin because everyone is awful to her, to end of days prediction. It`s all there.
I think it just surprised me for the most part because I thought that the majority of christians were sensible folk, and I still do.. but the site threw me for a loop. Every stereotype is there.

I had a hard time thinking of how I could post without revealing my hand. I mean there was a popular thread about how science was proving evolution wrong again... How do you post in that?

Hughsie was the atheist, and opened quite a few threads. Of course all within the same section due to his not being allowed into the rest. Because he was an atheist he was sectioned off to the rest of the site. \his abilities were limited to just posting within that one section and that was all. He couldn't send or receive PM's nor could he view or post in any other section, and he couldn't post onto peoples walls. But his threads were hot right away.
I give him tons of credit for hanging in there and being very patient.

His hottest thread had to do with gay marriage. I couldn't stay in that one because it got very ... undesirable very quickly.

Often the members would remind Hughsie or myself that we were close to being offensive without really detailing why. Some of my posts that I swear were friendly and harmless were deleted without explanation. My forum avatar was also deleted even though it was the one with jesus knocking on a door and when the person on the other side asks who it is jesus replies "It's jesus lol" I got an email telling me it could be interpreted as offensive.

Not once did we break any other rules, or act out. But when they found out we were from here we were all banned immediately and any new attempts from other members are immediately rejected. They are heavy on the banning and censorship. Not so quick to follow their own rules. As I was often ninja attacked. I call it that because it's the attack with a smile.

For the positive I'd say that the site is aesthetically pleasing, and they have chat.

1 out of 5 stars.

AVOID.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post
27-03-2012, 09:50 AM
I would add that the "welcomes" were there for the newcomers, but they seemed very mechanical. I noticed the same guy said "welcome" twice to KC. That same guy added me as his "friend" 3 times.
Many others didn't seem to read the intros by their lack of response to the content. I suppose that happens here as well, but being that they are "Worthy" Christians, I would have thought they'd be more authentic in welcoming newbies.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
27-03-2012, 09:54 AM
That place deserves 0 stars.

It's a pot of steaming poop.

Horrible examples of Christians.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
27-03-2012, 09:56 AM
(27-03-2012 09:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Horrible examples of Christians.
I disagree. Perfect examples of Christians. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
27-03-2012, 10:02 AM
(27-03-2012 09:56 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(27-03-2012 09:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Horrible examples of Christians.
I disagree. Perfect examples of Christians. Drinking Beverage
Pffft.

Then what am I?

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
27-03-2012, 10:11 AM
An atheist

[+] 5 users Like lucradis's post
27-03-2012, 10:14 AM
(27-03-2012 10:11 AM)lucradis Wrote:  An atheist
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn7RQtMyKnMrzhJvssnCP...mp;amp;t=1]

[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
27-03-2012, 10:15 AM
(27-03-2012 10:02 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(27-03-2012 09:56 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I disagree. Perfect examples of Christians. Drinking Beverage
Pffft.

Then what am I?
You Sir, are a derp. The finest derp we have ever met - hence we gave you 37 derp stars Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
27-03-2012, 11:07 AM
I think I want in on this too. Yes

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post