Christian Site Reviews.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2012, 12:32 PM
RE: Christian Site Reviews.
I liked it better when you were gone.

Aren't there any other resurrection holidays you can celebrate?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2012, 02:11 PM
(10-04-2012 12:20 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I wanted to mention that Erxomai found something on this site that isn't readily available anywhere.

He found support for his particular brand of suffering. He found a support group for ex pastors, and from what I heard it is a very helpful and understanding bunch of people. I believe it's where he is now spending most of his time. I'm glad he found it, and I hope it helps.

Also I would like to say that places where maybe a little more censorship than what we do or even a less theist inclusive environment can be helpful to people who would rather not be berated by theists on occasion, or have to listen to the same theist propaganda every once in a while. There's room for all of us on the internet.
Actually, it's a different forum called The Clergy Project. It was a brain-child of Richard Dawkins, Daniel Denett, and Dan Barker to support atheist clergy who no longer believe in the supernatural. There are about 200 people registered and you have to be screened to be there because many of participants are still in active religious ministry. They have a pretty rigorous acceptance policy so no Christian spies can get in there and out the pastors.
Richard Dawkins points out that just about every other profession can easily be left to start a new career, but church ministry is different. Most jobs won't accept our degrees or years of work as worth anything, unless the employer is a Christian. For men and women still in the ministry with families and health issues, there are some major hurdles to overcome with finances, retraining, and insurance or healthcare. It's a great project, and helfpul emotionally, but it's not as much racuous as TTA. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
10-04-2012, 02:35 PM
(10-04-2012 02:11 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  it's not as much racuous as TTA. Big Grin
I'm glad you're still around Smile was a bit worried when you disappeared for a bit - thought you might have got stressed out too much. 'Sides I want to see how my seagull project works out Tongue
10-04-2012, 02:37 PM
(10-04-2012 02:11 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(10-04-2012 12:20 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I wanted to mention that Erxomai found something on this site that isn't readily available anywhere.

He found support for his particular brand of suffering. He found a support group for ex pastors, and from what I heard it is a very helpful and understanding bunch of people. I believe it's where he is now spending most of his time. I'm glad he found it, and I hope it helps.

Also I would like to say that places where maybe a little more censorship than what we do or even a less theist inclusive environment can be helpful to people who would rather not be berated by theists on occasion, or have to listen to the same theist propaganda every once in a while. There's room for all of us on the internet.
Actually, it's a different forum called The Clergy Project. It was a brain-child of Richard Dawkins, Daniel Denett, and Dan Barker to support atheist clergy who no longer believe in the supernatural. There are about 200 people registered and you have to be screened to be there because many of participants are still in active religious ministry. They have a pretty rigorous acceptance policy so no Christian spies can get in there and out the pastors.
Richard Dawkins points out that just about every other profession can easily be left to start a new career, but church ministry is different. Most jobs won't accept our degrees or years of work as worth anything, unless the employer is a Christian. For men and women still in the ministry with families and health issues, there are some major hurdles to overcome with finances, retraining, and insurance or healthcare. It's a great project, and helfpul emotionally, but it's not as much racuous as TTA. Big Grin
Glad to see you, I wondered where you were...thought maybe you had been Raptured.

Good leadership is so important. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Sorry about that Erx, I thought that clergy project was just the name of the group and it sat inside the other forum. My bad.

I also feel like a jerk now because I actually remember reading about this on my Dawkins associated facebook.

Damn you misfiring brain.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Seth also had a podcast on this. Now that it seems Erxomai only recently found out about it I feel bad not mentioning it to him. I was retty sure he had already heard about it.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
10-04-2012, 10:55 PM
(10-04-2012 06:08 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Seth also had a podcast on this. Now that it seems Erxomai only recently found out about it I feel bad not mentioning it to him. I was retty sure he had already heard about it.
Thanks, Lil, no worries. I did know about it.
I actually signed up about the same time I signed up here. After the first email or two, I didn't hear from anymore screeners. Then last week I get an email from a very apologetic and disorganized former clergy (I can totally relate) who was sincerely sorry that he had taken so long to respond. We then talked on the phone and after that they set up an account for me.

And Moron, you should be worried if you don't see me for a while. It might mean your seagulls finally got me. And if that ever should happen, a top-secret email showing your open threats upon my life shall be disseminated throughout the interwebz. Your screen name will be known everywhere all over the world. This planet will no longer be safe for you, my friend.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  America's best Christian TheBeardedDude 1 230 13-06-2013 11:55 AM
Last Post: Erxomai
  I'm watching Good Christian Bitches for the first time. germanyt 0 313 26-03-2012 06:26 PM
Last Post: germanyt
  My days working for Christian TV N.E.OhioAtheist 7 491 08-02-2012 08:59 PM
Last Post: aurora