Christian Site Reviews.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2012, 11:25 AM
RE: Christian Site Reviews.
(27-03-2012 10:02 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(27-03-2012 09:56 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I disagree. Perfect examples of Christians. Drinking Beverage
Pffft.

Then what am I?
Technically, you're not a Christ follower. You're a Calvin follower. Laughat

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Christwire.com

Google search this.

It is meant as a satire site... I think.... Shows very radical article about things they deem not appropriate for Christians.

Under Repair.
27-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Informative review, Luc - nice job Smile

I certainly give you all (Hughsie, Lucradis, KC and Erx - sorry if I left anyone out) kudos for your efforts; you have enlightened us all here as to how unbecoming this type of 'christian' behaviour is. A juvenile delinquent has better manners than some of the so-called christians on that feral website Dodgy

Well done Thumbsup

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
28-03-2012, 05:10 AM
Not gonna say much but after the whole banning issue at WCF we are going to employ more a tad more secrecy to our actions. We can't really post what we are doing openly because doing so lead WCF to delete all our threads.

If anyone has any suggestions for places to have a look at the best course of action is to PM one of the four of us.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
04-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Ok.

Christianforums.com

I don't know what to say about this one really.

The vibe is hard to nail down to one specific feeling. It's a huge place that has members from basically any background you can think of. Not sure how long it's been around but in that time it has accrued so many different threads that it can be fairly overwhelming to a new user.

The good:
  • Lot's of different people to associate with.
  • Tiny mounts of moderation.
  • Welcoming no matter who you are.
  • You will find something to post about I promise.
  • People will post in whatever you make a topic on, because there are so many people.
The bad:
  • Very big, and cluttered. Hard to find your way.
  • Can become daunting with the amount of choice.
  • Flamboyant and no signature cap.
Of course if you like flamboyant chock that up to a positive. GermanyT could have a huge Ron Paul poster for his Signature. He'd love that.
Really it's not a bad place. There's so much going on you'll likely find something that you like if you're willing to search for it. That's my only real complaint, it's hard to find stuff. I had to use my CP as a way of tracking my threads, and was typically intimidated by the grandness of the place so I usually kept to my own threads.

If you want a Christian forum to mingle with new people and get a varying degree of opinion, this is a pretty good choice.

4 out of 5 stars.
Visit. But be prepared for the vastness.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
04-04-2012, 11:56 AM
I'd score it at 7 out of 10.

It's more like a cluster of forums than one forum in a way. There are separate sections for practically every type of Christianity you can imagine. I settled in the Liberal section, it was full of interesting people who were very polite and respectful, even though I'm an open atheist. I didn't enter the fundie sections because I don't see why any atheist would unless they wanted to cause trouble, which I didn't.

I agree with all Lucradis' points. The people were welcoming and fair but the layout was a nightmare. It took us about a week to decide where to post.

Overall a nice place to be and a good bet for anyone looking for religious debate.

PS. I posted a thread asking if sexuality is a choice and 80% of people said no.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
04-04-2012, 12:00 PM
I would have voted but I couldnt find you. Hahahah.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
04-04-2012, 12:04 PM
(04-04-2012 12:00 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I would have voted but I couldnt find you. Hahahah.
Yeah I didn't see you anywhere but the intro section. The layout really was bad Big Grin.

Best
Worst
10-04-2012, 12:20 PM
I wanted to mention that Erxomai found something on this site that isn't readily available anywhere.

He found support for his particular brand of suffering. He found a support group for ex pastors, and from what I heard it is a very helpful and understanding bunch of people. I believe it's where he is now spending most of his time. I'm glad he found it, and I hope it helps.

Also I would like to say that places where maybe a little more censorship than what we do or even a less theist inclusive environment can be helpful to people who would rather not be berated by theists on occasion, or have to listen to the same theist propaganda every once in a while. There's room for all of us on the internet.

10-04-2012, 12:28 PM
(10-04-2012 12:20 PM)lucradis Wrote:  There's room for all of us on the internet.

No.

Please get off my Internet.

[Image: vjp09.gif]