Christian Terrorism Comes for the Sikhs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2012, 06:38 AM
Christian Terrorism Comes for the Sikhs
"The killing spree by Wade Michael Page on the Sikh Gurudwara in Milwaukee that left seven dead including Page’s own death in a hail of bullets is an act of Christian terrorism. Page was a member of a skinhead band, End Apathy, that advertised the evils of multiculturalism and advocated white power.

It is fair to call Page a Christian terrorist since the evidence indicates that he thought he was defending the purity of white Christian society against the evils of multiculturalism that allow non-white non-Christians an equal role in America society. Like the Oklahoma City bomber, Timothy McVeigh, and the Norwegian militant, Anders Breivik, Page thought he was killing to save white Christian society."

http://www.religiondispatches.org/dispat...milwaukee/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2012, 06:45 AM
RE: Christian Terrorism Comes for the Sikhs
Errr, Anders Breivik hasn't shown alot of christian values in any of his hearings or stuff that I've read. He uses the phrase, loosely translated "Christian moral values" that mostly resolve around anti-feministic movements. He's a right side radical, and although he's mentioned that he is christian his motivation was political, not religious.

Read about that story, last count I read was 7, Page included? Horrible that stuff like that can happen in the western world.
07-08-2012, 06:49 AM
(07-08-2012 06:45 AM)sillinde Wrote:  Errr, Anders Breivik hasn't shown alot of christian values in any of his hearings or stuff that I've read. He uses the phrase, loosely translated "Christian moral values" that mostly resolve around anti-feministic movements. He's a right side radical, and although he's mentioned that he is christian his motivation was political, not religious.

His motivation was political... in the sense that the political party he attacked was pro-multiculturalism. It was the immigration of Muslims that he objected to. In that sense, he tied his "Christian" position to that of an anti-Islamic position.

So it was about religion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2012, 06:51 AM
More about culturalism, but I won't derail your thread.

Have they figured out why Page did what he did? We've only had a few stories about the incident so far but nothing in depth here in Norway.
07-08-2012, 06:52 AM
From the comments in that same article from the OP:

Quote:Ummmm... what?
Posted by erhershman on August 7, 2012 at 8:16 AM
Let me get this straight... you say the evidence shows that this person thought of himself as defending Christianity, but then turn around and admit that there's no evidence he's a pious Christian?

Make up your mind, for crying out loud.

I think there may have been religious overtones but this article is no different to the opposite stance blaming atheists taken by that preacher dude. Why don't we blame it on weed, or being born poor, or some other random thing we can tie it to.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-08-2012, 08:00 AM
You gots it all wrong - this was an atheist attack - pure and simple. Just ask my buddy Pat Robertson:

“What is it?” the TV preacher wondered. “Is it satanic? Is it some spiritual thing, people who are atheists, they hate God, they hate the expression of God? And they are angry with the world, angry with themselves, angry with society and they take it out on innocent people who are worshiping God.”

“And whether it’s a Sikh temple or a Baptist church or a Catholic church or a Muslim mosque, whatever it is, I just abhor this kind of violence, and it’s the the kind of thing that we should do something about,” he added. “But what do you do? Well, you talk about the love of God and hope it has some impact.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/06/pa...-hate-god/

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Seasbury's post