Christian Tracts and Trick or Treating

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2015, 11:53 AM
Christian Tracts and Trick or Treating
First, I am actually kind of surprised Ray is okay with trick or treating. Many Christians I know avoid Halloween because you know--Satan. Hobo This is a bizarre video by Ray--but at the end he shows how trick or treating is an opportunity to give Christian tracts to children.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2015, 12:48 PM
RE: Christian Tracts and Trick or Treating
I've always wanted to print up some tracts for a fake church (First Church of the Goblin, Holy Order of Frankenstein's Monster, etc), then go door to door in costume on Halloween (especially if JWs or LDS's live there) and prostelitize until I get arrested.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 7 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
29-10-2015, 12:50 PM
Giving tracts to children for Halloween. Facepalm

This guy is so out of touch, he actually hurts his own religion.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
29-10-2015, 12:51 PM
(29-10-2015 12:48 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I've always wanted to print up some tracts for a fake church (First Church of the Goblin, Holy Order of Frankenstein's Monster, etc), then go door to door in costume on Halloween (especially if JWs or LDS's live there) and prostelitize until I get arrested.

Laugh out load

I'd start a gofundme for your legal defense for that one.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 4 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
29-10-2015, 01:00 PM

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
29-10-2015, 01:04 PM
(29-10-2015 11:53 AM)jennybee Wrote:  First, I am actually kind of surprised Ray is okay with trick or treating. Many Christians I know avoid Halloween because you know--Satan. Hobo This is a bizarre video by Ray--but at the end he shows how trick or treating is an opportunity to give Christian tracts to children.

Just what every kid wants for Halloween. Religious conversions!

Slightly off topic.

I was watching Shark Tank and on it this couple had a Idea to Reinvent Halloween. Their idea was to take the candy that the kids would bring home and trade it in for presents. I thought it was a terrible idea.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
29-10-2015, 01:12 PM
I"m not a fan of Halloween and don't participate myself but the idea of using it to push your religious agenda onto kids out having fun is nauseating. Hitchens was right, religion poisons everything.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
29-10-2015, 02:00 PM
We had that happen. Don't know why, but the tract-giving houses also tended to give out the cheapest candy. No mini-Snickers for possibly heathen children!
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
29-10-2015, 02:03 PM
And I thought they played trick or treat all year long. I think they call it heaven or hell.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
29-10-2015, 02:06 PM
I’d like to see some fundies come to our Holloween bash Evil_monster

http://www.fantasyfest.com

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post