Christian comedian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2017, 12:37 PM
Christian comedian
So my wife who works at a gym attached to her church was having a volunteer appreciation dinner last Saturday so we went. I knew I would be the only one who was damned out of a hundred or so people so I was sort of entertained by that prospect. When we got there and were eating dinner, the head pastor said a few words and then said that we would be having the "christian comedy of David Dean."

I nearly choked on my chicken (he he) laughing as this sunk in. Either my wife didn't know about this or she didn't tell me. I am still not sure which it is. Anyway, after the horror ran down after a few minutes that I didn't want to be rude and to be honest, I was sort of curious how he would be, we went into the sanctuary to listen to this dude.

Now, I have seen christian comedians before and when I did laugh, it was for totally different reasons than everyone else. To be fair, his non-church stuff was actually funny but that was only about 30% of his material. The rest was Jesus and church humor and everyone ate. It. Up. I did laugh a few times but again, it was more in an ironic sense. I caught my wife out of the corner of my eye looking over at me a few times, almost to see whether his comedy was letting in the Jeebus. Once, I audibly laughed at a serious part that no one else laughed at and I am pretty sure he heard me.

Christian humor is horrible. I am sure the guy is a funny dude to talk to but I find nothing funny about a joke pertaining to getting your kids to be quiet at night by telling them the Abe/Isaac story (yes, he really had a joke about a father attempting to kill his child). They all thought it was funny, I had to bite my tongue not to boo.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
13-11-2017, 12:54 PM
RE: Christian comedian
A Christian comedian? Is this something like a square circle? A flat mountain? A Jewish nun? A dog that meows?

Huh

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
13-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Christian comedian
Christians are more funny unintentionaly than when they're trying.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
13-11-2017, 01:12 PM
The Christian humor I've seen is usually "funny" by accident.

I like the part with "no-one loves the little children." What he's inadvertently admitting is god watches children cry, doing nothing for them. And people laugh.

[Image: 6297575351_68f9265f38.jpg]

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 2 users Like M. Linoge's post
13-11-2017, 01:37 PM
Sam Kinison - sorta...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
13-11-2017, 01:39 PM
The Christian jokes I remember as a child (who was raised Christian) were all ones that poked fun at God in some sense or another. They're jokes I'd still laugh at.

Most anything I see now days on Facebook is either the really banal stuff that you'd feel safe saying to your grandmother, or strawmen against atheist beliefs.
13-11-2017, 02:03 PM
I have never heard of Tim Hawkins before and that makes me very happy.

What a giant douche.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
13-11-2017, 02:28 PM
I remember that waste of space Dane Cook with his "atheist sneezing" gag. It wasn't funny. Then again, Dane Cook has never been funny.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
13-11-2017, 03:03 PM
(13-11-2017 01:12 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  The Christian humor I've seen is usually "funny" by accident.

I like the part with "no-one loves the little children." What he's inadvertently admitting is god watches children cry, doing nothing for them. And people laugh.

Crap. Now I want to find one of those Atheist Megachurches so I can sing those songs in proper rounds.
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post
13-11-2017, 06:11 PM
(13-11-2017 01:12 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  The Christian humor I've seen is usually "funny" by accident.

Yeah, that shit pisses me off too. The crux of his joke was literally:
You know how to keep your kids quiet in bed at night?
You can tuck them in and say, "you know the story how Abraham laid little Isaac down just like I did with you? And how Abe drew a knife to Isaac's chest and he was about to stab him? Well good night." **everyone laughs but me**

Seriously. This vile trash makes people find horrible stories funny.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post