Christian comedian has an atheist over his house

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2015, 07:32 AM
RE: Christian comedian has an atheist over his house
Geeuz, doesn't anyone know how to rip the YouTube video out of a clickbait site and just post that?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
15-12-2015, 07:36 AM
I like that it ends with "He came through the back door..."

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
15-12-2015, 11:09 AM
That was amusing.

But Julia Sweeney's Letting Go of God is SO much better.

https://www.ted.com/talks/julia_sweeney_...anguage=en

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
[+] 3 users Like TwoCultSurvivor's post
15-12-2015, 12:27 PM
Oh boy, I was raised on Christian comedy. Early years were dominated by Mark Lowry tapes, and I loved him at the time. Teenage years I listened to Darren Streblow, Mike Williams, Jeff Allen, Ken Davis, and a few others. I think Darren Streblow is one I can still enjoy, if only for his goofy-ass facial expressions. Also, the nostalgia effect probably plays a role in making me see them as more funny than they are.

But I'll take my current favorites like Bill Burr, Brian Regan, Jim Gaffigan, and John Mulaney over all of them. It sucks that my family, who genuinely love to laugh, miss out on so much because they instantly recoil from anything "vulgar" or anything with too many "bad words".

But yeah, I can almost see my parents giggling away to this routine while giving me sideways glances, only to see me mega-facepalming
15-12-2015, 12:36 PM
(12-12-2015 10:38 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(12-12-2015 10:23 PM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  Pretty drunk right now, and my wife told me I'm not allowed to post things on Facebook about religion and politics when I'm drunk, or we'll have to deal with the dozens of cans of worms for weeks to come. So I'll just post this here.

Don't know how old this video is. My mom posted it. I'm not so blackout drunk that I responded to it (I hope).

I vaguely remember the name Mark Lowry in my college years while hanging out with Christians (I think he came to our college a couple times).

Anyway, enjoy. "Argument from Design" for the win! Amongst whatever else fallacies are in here. But hey, he's a comedian, so it's okay:

Mark Lowry Finds Out An Atheist Is Over At His House – What Happens Next Is Too Funny!

P.S. Yeah, I also notice the damn clickbait terminology. "What happens next..." goddammit I hate that crap!

I couldn't watch more than a minute or two. No

Yabut, "what happens next is too funny..." Tongue

Not that I'd know. He lost me at "I'd be an atheist too...if I had enough faith." Dodgy

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
15-12-2015, 12:54 PM
The first time I meet one of my wives best friends. She was watching a Christian Comedian (comedian?) Brad Stine.

The two of them where busting up laughing. Tears coming out of there eyes.
At that point I was already identify myself as an Atheist. So I just chuckled unconformably.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
15-12-2015, 01:48 PM
(15-12-2015 06:56 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  He started off OK, made a couple of decent jokes about food and dinner. I liked the one about the steak, then he started to make the same stupid argument from design arguments and tries to play them off as jokes.

Super lame.

How was that even a joke? Yeah, steak is better when you put seasoning on it. What's the punchline?
15-12-2015, 02:15 PM
(15-12-2015 12:27 PM)Dex Wrote:  Oh boy, I was raised on Christian comedy. Early years were dominated by Mark Lowry tapes, and I loved him at the time. Teenage years I listened to Darren Streblow, Mike Williams, Jeff Allen, Ken Davis, and a few others. I think Darren Streblow is one I can still enjoy, if only for his goofy-ass facial expressions. Also, the nostalgia effect probably plays a role in making me see them as more funny than they are.

But I'll take my current favorites like Bill Burr, Brian Regan, Jim Gaffigan, and John Mulaney over all of them. It sucks that my family, who genuinely love to laugh, miss out on so much because they instantly recoil from anything "vulgar" or anything with too many "bad words".

But yeah, I can almost see my parents giggling away to this routine while giving me sideways glances, only to see me mega-facepalming

I also grew up listening to Christian comedy (and music) in place of "Worldly" stuff.

I still think Mike Warnke is pretty funny... except it tuns out he was a lying liar and got a lot of people hurt by encouraging anti-Satanist propaganda as part of his "ministry".

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unreasonabl...y-of-lies/

The funniest bit I remember starts 7:30 at in this video, about flying.

[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
15-12-2015, 02:49 PM
It actually made me physically uncomfortable to watch that first video. I wish I could say that this ugly combination of arrogance and complete ignorance was the exception, but the truth is that it's absolutely rampant in Christian fundamentalist circles.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
15-12-2015, 03:09 PM
(15-12-2015 02:15 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(15-12-2015 12:27 PM)Dex Wrote:  Oh boy, I was raised on Christian comedy. Early years were dominated by Mark Lowry tapes, and I loved him at the time. Teenage years I listened to Darren Streblow, Mike Williams, Jeff Allen, Ken Davis, and a few others. I think Darren Streblow is one I can still enjoy, if only for his goofy-ass facial expressions. Also, the nostalgia effect probably plays a role in making me see them as more funny than they are.

I also grew up listening to Christian comedy (and music) in place of "Worldly" stuff.

I still think Mike Warnke is pretty funny... except it tuns out he was a lying liar and got a lot of people hurt by encouraging anti-Satanist propaganda as part of his "ministry".

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unreasonabl...y-of-lies/

The funniest bit I remember starts 7:30 at in this video, about flying.

I listened to that guy when I was still a Christian. He's one of many examples that slowly brought me to the realization that Christian circles are rampant with frauds and posers - and you couldn't distinguish the true faithful from the frauds.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition