Christian condemnation, ie control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2014, 05:17 PM
Christian condemnation, ie control
A old friend stopped by the other evening to help with a machine. As the conversation wondered he told me how a church member and his family had left their church because my friend was seeing another woman altho not divorced. A little background - he and his wife split years ago. He's always helped her and the kids, with his time and financially. She has been living c.l. for 15 years. This couple just never went thro the legal formality. My friend and the other fellow belong to the evangelical church. I found it interesting the repressive control the other fellow chose over my friend. Should my friend be destined to live alone so he's not living in sin? It seems that's how the other fellow wants it. And they wonder why people chose Atheism.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2014, 09:03 PM
RE: Christian condemnation, ie control
I'm curious as to why the departing church member withdrew (rather than attacked). Seems like he was punishing his own family (by removing them from their social network) rather than your friend.

I'll bet there were other reasons for leaving.

I take it (given that you have chosen this section in which to post) that you too are upset by this.

Is your friend planning on doing something about it?

17-06-2014, 01:16 PM
RE: Christian condemnation, ie control
Oh the church member did attack him before pulling up stakes. Unfortunately, my friend seems to have bo't into it as he and his lady friend split and that was two years ago. These people can justify anything as long as it's written in the bible somewhere because they take it as a literal translation when often it is a metaphor.