Christian failing to understand epistemology

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2017, 05:05 AM
Thought I'd post a little ongoing exchange I'm having with a somewhat ignorant/dishonest woman on Twitter. We'll see how this develops.

[Image: 37846182242_8babb751b1_z.jpg]

[Image: 37828810596_6fc80ae1d0.jpg]

[Image: 37846182412_6b324a0fb1.jpg]

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Silly Deity's post
23-10-2017, 05:15 AM
RE: Christian failing to understand epistemology
The question to be asked here is why you bother unless they're close to you in some way.

I personally try not to give fucks unless I am here exactly to fuck with theists.
In a wierd sort of way, I envy those ignorant SoBs. Must be peaceful knowing someone's always got your back..
You try to take that away and you think they're just gonna stand there saying, "He making some good points there.."
Thats never gonna happen. NEVER.
[+] 1 user Likes underdogFTW's post
23-10-2017, 05:24 AM
(23-10-2017 05:15 AM)underdogFTW Wrote:  The question to be asked here is why you bother unless they're close to you in some way.

Occasionally it's refreshing to expose their dishonesty or hypocrisy or ignorance to others.

Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
23-10-2017, 05:50 AM
(23-10-2017 05:24 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  
(23-10-2017 05:15 AM)underdogFTW Wrote:  The question to be asked here is why you bother unless they're close to you in some way.

Occasionally it's refreshing to expose their dishonesty or hypocrisy or ignorance to others.

If I had the time I would never let a believer rant go unchallenged. The fence-sitter, the undecided, and the "I didn't know that" crowd need to hear more than one voice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
23-10-2017, 06:20 AM
Wow!
That is so interesting!
Am I ever glad that I decided to read this thread!
I've never heard an exchange like that before.
I've been wasting my time by responding to such things from Christians by saying "blow it out your ass moron!"

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]
23-10-2017, 08:01 AM
So when asked "what's your evidence" they got hostile and defensive. Odd.
23-10-2017, 11:49 AM
(23-10-2017 08:01 AM)natachan Wrote:  So when asked "what's your evidence" they got hostile and defensive. Odd.

There's no test for being a Christian, no need to express understanding of the requirement for that condition. Because there are none. If you're breathing and can say you accept Christ in your heart, you in the club.

It's like those magazines that send you copies without you having subscribed. They just want to tell potential advertisers that their circulation is X million. I know one rag that sends out single copies of their publication and you're on their "subscriber list" from then until the end of time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
23-10-2017, 06:35 PM
I'm willing to get into those kinds of exchanges but I think it's a mistake to think it's needed because "someone on the fence may read it later." I think that's also bullshit on this forum when everyone goes DefCon 11 batshit when a troll walks in. Gotta make sure he/she/it doesn't go unchallenged because somebody may read it later! Please. It's the internet. It's all about now, now, now, and going forward. We compliment ourselves that someone's going to go back and read our precious rebuttals to every dopey Christian.

I'm ranting. But in conclusion, I'm willing to mix it up with believers similar to how you posted, but not because of some higher sense of duty, it's because I'm bored, buzzed, full blown drunk or lonely.

[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
23-10-2017, 08:44 PM
(23-10-2017 06:35 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  I'm willing to get into those kinds of exchanges but I think it's a mistake to think it's needed because "someone on the fence may read it later." I think that's also bullshit on this forum when everyone goes DefCon 11 batshit when a troll walks in. Gotta make sure he/she/it doesn't go unchallenged because somebody may read it later! Please. It's the internet. It's all about now, now, now, and going forward. We compliment ourselves that someone's going to go back and read our precious rebuttals to every dopey Christian.

Many of us spent years trying to talk with theists on the Amazon forums. As far as I can tell, all of those discussions are gone for good now. So yeah, live in the moment....
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
24-10-2017, 12:35 AM
Well no more tweets from my xtian opponent. She's either realised she's appearing to be really thick or she doesn't just doesn't give a fuck.

The twitter exchange took no effort to speak of so if I can ridicule ignorance and nonsense at negligible time-cost to me then its win-win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[+] 2 users Like Silly Deity's post