Christian given a bill by Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2015, 05:47 AM
Christian given a bill by Church
Wonder if this lit a fire to maybe see religion for the scam it is? Side note shouldn't they now pay taxes since they are giving out bills and not just asking for money?

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/florida-...dnt-tithe/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
17-07-2015, 06:05 AM
RE: Christian given a bill by Church
As George Carlin noted -- "god" - all powerful, all knowing -- and somehow -- just can't handle money.... He always needs more...................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
17-07-2015, 06:26 AM
The name of the church is hilarious: Greater Mount Moriah Primitive Baptist Church. Good thing they aren't true xtians.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
18-07-2015, 05:19 AM
I feel like doing a video on this. I might have to make this one my next one.

I mean, sigh. What do you expect from greedy ass fucking people like that? Does this not prove that the church only cares about peoples money and not the person?

Save you from damnation my ass! They invented an invisible enemy and are "SELLING" an invisible cure to them.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
18-07-2015, 06:53 AM
Not a surprise really.

I started attending Catholic school when we moved to my father's home town. I went from public schools to Catholic schools in the 6th grade.

Every year we were given a little box filled with envelopes pre-printed with our names, a space for $ amount, and they were dated for every week of the year. There were a couple extras - I assume for Christmas and other days of extra giving.

The money was expected - period. It was also carefully tallied. Every year the church puts out a book with every member's name and the amount they have given throughout the year. These books are sent to every family.

I still get the one that's put out by my high school...it's broken down by graduating class and alphabetically. On the back is a list of alumni they can't find to badger for money.

It's a scam that starts with the very young. A guilt-trip to ensure every one pays their 'fair share'. Dodgy

Gawd needs cash! Even the dimes an quarters he can squeeze out of 11 year old kids.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-07-2015, 06:56 AM
Has anyone complained to the IRS about this?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-07-2015, 06:59 AM
(18-07-2015 06:56 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Has anyone complained to the IRS about this?

They (churches) aren't scared of the IRS...they are exempt from taxation.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
18-07-2015, 07:01 AM
But surely now they exposed their business practices?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-07-2015, 09:53 AM
(18-07-2015 07:01 AM)Banjo Wrote:  But surely now they exposed their business practices?

They are still exempt, no matter how lavish the compensation to the pastors, etc. The pastors and staff, however, do have to pay taxes on the salaries the church provides to them.

It's actually quite common for churches here to require people who want to become members to pay some kind of initial fee and then to also pay into the offering plate at every church service. It's similar to the fee structure of health clubs, but of course without the benefits members get from working out--or any benefits, really.
18-07-2015, 10:33 AM
Before my apostasy I would have never thought I would side not the fence of church taxation. Now, I think it is utterly preposterous that churches are exempt from taxation.

**Crickets** -- God