Christian grocery store?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Christian grocery store?
There's a grocery not far from me that I recently learned is Christian. Their site says: "The mission of [grocery chain] is to glorify the God we serve, by seeking His guidance daily, and displaying that guidance in the following areas:

By achieving goals and quality service that will cause us to be recognized as a leader in our market for sales, profit, and customer satisfaction.

By providing distinctive varieties of quality merchandise and satisfaction to our customers.

By pursuing the highest standards of life, integrity, and morality for employees and fellow business associates "

It's a nice store. It's clean, has decent prices, the checkers are nice to you, they have self-checkouts, etc. I only stop in there once in a while, usually on my way somewhere, to grab something I forgot. I avoided it for a while after I found out it was a Christian store, but I've gone back. I dunno if it was dumb to avoid it, or to even care that the people who run the small chain of very nice stores subscribe to religious stuff. They annoyed me when they had displays of Christian t-shirts that were styled to look like major commercial products' adverts (stuff like this: http://www.newlifebiblebookstore.com/tmeanttodie.htm). Though I'm fond of Seth's "God Free" shirt that looks like an ad for Diet Coke.

I guess I just think it's weird to have a Christian grocery store. I mean, be a Christian, sure. Do that whatever it is you do. Be nice, run a clean store, respect your customers. Don't have to be religious to do that, a-duh.

This is about the only place I can say something like this and expect anyone to have the smallest inkling of understanding. Thanks for reading.

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes calmblueocean's post
13-10-2012, 02:31 PM
RE: Christian grocery store?
That is utterly bizarre.

[Image: opforum1.png]
13-10-2012, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2012 02:44 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I'll baptize the tomatoes, but I REFUSE to anoint the squash. [Image: popcorn.gif]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
13-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Yeah, it seems weird to me, too. I haven't seen one of those.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-10-2012, 03:22 PM
(13-10-2012 02:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I'll baptize the tomatoes, but I REFUSE to anoint the squash. [Image: popcorn.gif]

You're supposed to annoint their beet.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
13-10-2012, 03:25 PM
(13-10-2012 03:22 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-10-2012 02:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I'll baptize the tomatoes, but I REFUSE to anoint the squash. [Image: popcorn.gif]

You're supposed to annoint their beet.

LMFAO Laughat

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
13-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Lol newlifebookstore...
13-10-2012, 03:38 PM
I think its just a way to promote their business.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
13-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Christian grocery store?
(13-10-2012 03:38 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I think its just a way to promote their business.

Which really is an insult to the true intention of what it means to be a Christian. If there was a Jeebus type guy running around 1st century Palestine, I don't think the goal of making a profit was what he had in mind when he spoke of the Kingdom of Heaven. Laughat

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
13-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Well I did hear that the rich have been liquiditfying camels and squirting them through needles....

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post