Christian hate and anger over Hillary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2016, 05:56 AM
Christian hate and anger over Hillary
So, in this election year, I've noticed that the conservative Christians I know are literally spitting hate and anger over Hillary, Black Lives Matter, eating up the poison of the Donald, etc. Am I reading this correctly?? Aren't these the people who will soon (because the "signs" have indicated so) be taken up in the Rapture, will be saved, new Jerusalem will be establish, end times crap, etc.? And, isn't there scripture indicating that their invisible Friend has pre-ordained every event long before it happens? You know, where the Friend, then, pre-ordained the black guy to become president, even though these "real" Christians hated this guy also? According to scripture, the Friend decided to make Obama press not once but twice, so that would make his presidency His will, right? So, why the hate and anger at the will of the Friend? And why all the hate and vitriol over politics when it won't matter if one is to be saved. And is it not true that, according to scripture, the world falling apart is a sign of the glorious end, where the righteous will be saved forever. So, it's all the Friend's will, and the signs of the end days are here. Why not be happy about the future and why not REALLY put one's faith in the Friend and actually believe in the wisdom of his will? Or.....maybe these idiots really don't believe in any of this biblical shit, hmm?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DeaconJones75's post
29-07-2016, 06:01 AM
RE: Christian hate and anger over Hillary
Most of the hardcore Christians I know think Clinton AND Trump are worthless....

The most common thing I hear ---- "THAT'S the best they've got to offer?????????"

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
29-07-2016, 06:16 AM
(29-07-2016 06:01 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Most of the hardcore Christians I know think Clinton AND Trump are worthless....

The most common thing I hear ---- "THAT'S the best they've got to offer?????????"

Quote: "THAT'S the best we've got to offer?????????"

Fixed it for them.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
29-07-2016, 06:20 AM
(29-07-2016 06:16 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 06:01 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Most of the hardcore Christians I know think Clinton AND Trump are worthless....

Fixed it for them.

They, not we.....

It's the "Party Hierarchy" that decided these two morons are the ones they want in office.....

The American people would have voted for Pee Wee Herman instead of what we're getting.....

At least Pee Wee seems Presidential..........

[Image: 1c18059a0bf3d4afaff9f25005e52410.jpg]

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-07-2016, 07:11 AM
(29-07-2016 05:56 AM)DeaconJones75 Wrote:  So, in this election year, I've noticed that the conservative Christians I know are literally spitting hate and anger over Hillary, Black Lives Matter, eating up the poison of the Donald, etc. Am I reading this correctly?? Aren't these the people who will soon (because the "signs" have indicated so) be taken up in the Rapture, will be saved, new Jerusalem will be establish, end times crap, etc.? And, isn't there scripture indicating that their invisible Friend has pre-ordained every event long before it happens? You know, where the Friend, then, pre-ordained the black guy to become president, even though these "real" Christians hated this guy also? According to scripture, the Friend decided to make Obama press not once but twice, so that would make his presidency His will, right? So, why the hate and anger at the will of the Friend? And why all the hate and vitriol over politics when it won't matter if one is to be saved. And is it not true that, according to scripture, the world falling apart is a sign of the glorious end, where the righteous will be saved forever. So, it's all the Friend's will, and the signs of the end days are here. Why not be happy about the future and why not REALLY put one's faith in the Friend and actually believe in the wisdom of his will? Or.....maybe these idiots really don't believe in any of this biblical shit, hmm?

The hypocrisy and lie Trump told at the election is that he would protect the LGBTQ community, but chose a running mate in Mike Pence who passed laws allowing for the discrimination against LGBTQ. And you had Trump praising Putin in the past, who runs a country with even worst anti LGBTQ laws, and the other hypocrisy that their right wing rightfully condemns the murder of non Muslims in the East including throwing gays off rooftops, well it seems to me that our right wing bigots in America or half assed bigots. I am glad they are and I am glad there is a Constitution that wont allow them to do what Russia does in having gays arrested, or the murder of gays like ISIS.

The GOP's religious right is only held back by the Constitution, but even with that, when you look back in history, our right wing had much more power to harm minorities. Back in in the 70s you could be arrested for being openly gay, just like modern Russia. Even Matthew Sheppard was murdered merely for being gay. That wasn't Russia, or ISIS, that was here, in America.

And even today, LGBTQ risk losing their jobs, or being thrown out of their apartments or being assaulted, not because it is legal everywhere, although the right wing makes those attempts like in NC, or should be legal, but because of our right wing, and Trump and Pence valuing hate and fear.

So when Trump says progressives are afraid of him becoming president, he's right, but that does not mean we are afraid of standing up to bullies.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-07-2016, 07:29 AM
Thought this was telling:

[Image: CodchnxWcAAbfOM.jpg]

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 3 users Like Silly Deity's post
29-07-2016, 07:30 AM
(29-07-2016 06:16 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  

Fixed it for them.

Nope sorry, do not equate Hillary to Trump, that is flat out bullshit. Only Trump think's he is a perfect super hero, but that is what selfish sociopath narcissists think of themselves. I find it funny that Trump has attacked everyone but Michelle Obama, oh and she endorsed Hillary along with Bernie, who said that Hillary would be 1,000 times better than Trump on her worst day.

Trump is a coward an opportunist and a bully, and an aspiring despot, and for right now, only our Constitution is preventing him from becoming one.

What we have seen from the right for the past 8 years is fear of progress, much like the Middle East has a problem pulling itself into modern political pluralism. Our right is responding much the same way the Church did when Galileo told the truth about the nature of the Sun and earth relationship.

There is lots to be valued about our nation, and our Constitution, but one thing our right has constantly done just like the right in any religion, is cling to a socially outdated past and the oppression of blacks, and women and Native Americans and Japanese internment, isn't an indictment of our nation, but an indictment of those living in it, who do not understand that a nation ruled by fear is not nation we should aspire to be.

Progressives do not bring up those horrors to make today's population feel shame, that is simply bullshit. We bring those dark events up, to remind not just Americans, but the world, what it means to value human rights, and the dignity of living without fear. We bring up slavery of the past, and the time when women couldn't vote, and the Japanese internment of innocent people, not to make today's population feel shame, but for the very same reason there is a Holocaust Museum in Washington DC. 6 million Jews were the victims of a demagogue, along with 50 million people dying worldwide as a result of 1 man.

I don't simply attack our religious right here, or Trump because I expect some monochromatic utopia where only I get what I want, no. I am calling for EVERYONE to learn from the past, not out of shame, but to learn from it. I have been blunt and blasphemous myself and used VERY harsh words, but that is a warning, not demagoguery.

Trump's Jerry Springer politics may be fine for cable TV but for national and global stability, he is very dangerous. He thinks we are scared of him, no, we are scared of where his rhetoric could lead us, and that is why we should not fear standing up to him.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-07-2016, 09:29 AM

Actually, 4 out of 5 fundamentalists are voting for Trump, according to the polls.
29-07-2016, 09:40 AM
(29-07-2016 09:29 AM)DeaconJones75 Wrote:  

Actually, 4 out of 5 fundamentalists are voting for Trump, according to the polls.

Which proves what I've been saying for years --- to be a "fundamentalist" -- you have to start with "mental".......

Although I still can't figure out what's "fun" about it.....

Big Grin

29-07-2016, 10:09 AM
This clip might shed light on it:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/st6k1m/the...nald-trump

(29-07-2016 06:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 06:16 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Fixed it for them.

They, not we.....

It's the "Party Hierarchy" that decided these two morons are the ones they want in office.....

Actually, the Republican party hierarchy chose to keep Trump out.

.... it didn't work.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post