Christian hate and anger over Hillary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2016, 10:16 AM
RE: Christian hate and anger over Hillary
(29-07-2016 09:29 AM)DeaconJones75 Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 06:01 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Most of the hardcore Christians I know think Clinton AND Trump are worthless....

The most common thing I hear ---- "THAT'S the best they've got to offer?????????"
Actually, 4 out of 5 fundamentalists are voting for Trump, according to the polls.

Doesn't surprise me. Which makes Trump's bullshit claim at the convention he wants to protect LGBTQ absurd considering he made a VP pick in Mike Pence who passed laws allowing for discrimination. And on top of that Trump praise Putin, the leader of a country that is even further in the past on LGBTQ rights, a country where you can still be arrested for being openly gay. Then there is the treatment of gays in the East which is muder by mob or by the state itself. Yet these right wing assholes say "hey at least we aren't that bad" is an excuse?

Set aside economics for a second. If you value libertarian or conservative policies, you have to know, even if you really truly believe you are not bigoted, you do have a very huge bigoted anchor around your neck. So if you want to claim you are not like Russia or not like the Middle East, then the morally ethical thing to do is tell Trump and the GOP to fuck off. Watered down bigotry wrapped hiding behind the First Amendment is no excuse. No I don't mean the right to say it, I mean the morality of responsibility to self introspection.

"I am not like them" is an excuse we hear from Muslims in the west, moderates and liberals, which also is not an argument, it does not have to be a majority, I do still believe that most humans DO want peace, but if not for the blind ideology and fear of losing a position of comfort, the liberals and moderates of all religions give cover to those who are a threat, even if that threat is not a majority. It only takes just enough.

So to the republican and libertarian voting atheists here, no, I really dont give a shit that you hold the same "off position" I do on god claims. The issue is about human rights, and the responsibility of knowing that a free west isn't about hiding behind economics alone, or banning all forms of blasphemy, but our duty as humans to each other first through the attitude of common law.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2016, 10:20 AM
(29-07-2016 06:01 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Most of the hardcore Christians I know think Clinton AND Trump are worthless....

The most common thing I hear ---- "THAT'S the best they've got to offer?????????"

That's pretty much what I hear from everyone (including myself) -- it's not limited to fundies.
Find all posts by this user
29-07-2016, 01:28 PM
Don't look at me, I'm probably voting for Hillary and definitely not voting for Trump. Drinking Beverage

Anyhow, the only folks I know with faith who are voting for Trump are Republicans first and Christians second, and see no difference between the two. Most of the Christians I know, including clergy, are horrified at Trump, and tend to be leaning towards voting third party. I've had a few friends talking about the American Solidarity Party, which is supposed to be a Christian version of the Democrats, but without the abortion in the platform.

Need to think of a witty signature.
29-07-2016, 04:11 PM
I'm surprised I haven't heard any frwaking out because she said our motto was e pluribus unum. I'm shocked. Pleasantly shocked.
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
29-07-2016, 04:16 PM
(29-07-2016 04:11 PM)natachan Wrote:  I'm surprised I haven't heard any frwaking out because she said our motto was e pluribus unum. I'm shocked. Pleasantly shocked.

Huh? On average progressives value E Pluribus Unum at a far higher rate. To our religious right they take that to mean a social pecking order as long as minorities accept their house guest pet status.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
29-07-2016, 04:16 PM
(29-07-2016 04:11 PM)natachan Wrote:  I'm surprised I haven't heard any frwaking out because she said our motto was e pluribus unum. I'm shocked. Pleasantly shocked.

Maybe they know that "E Pluribus Unum" OBVIOUSLY means "In God we Trust".
29-07-2016, 04:23 PM
(29-07-2016 09:29 AM)DeaconJones75 Wrote:  

Actually, 4 out of 5 fundamentalists are voting for Trump, according to the polls.

Maybe they are in a hurry for Armageddon.