Christian memes! Make them stop!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2015, 10:10 AM
RE: Christian memes! Make them stop!
(26-05-2015 03:19 PM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  I can't be the only one that gets on facebook and sees one of my Christian friends post a meme.

The one I just now saw:

[Image: week-without-god.jpg]

Sin is a transgression of divine law. Without God, there can be no sin. Look at all the problems God causes for himself (and us).

Oops.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2015, 11:27 AM
(27-05-2015 07:21 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 06:34 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Right and men get 72 wtf Hobo

Look. You have to understand that some people are more important to God than other people, and that as a blessing to those important people God has graced every last one of them with an extremely tender ball sac capable of immense amounts of pain.

... also, with the much higher muscle-to-body-and-brain-mass that in the days of muscle-driven military technology when these religions came about translated into the ability to bring the less-blessed people into the religion by purer means than actually incentivizing them. That's what makes them important. I think.

Try getting your period every month and then we'll talk Tongue

Of course religions were male-dominated, they reflected the misogynistic culture of the time. All religions were designed to benefit what men wanted. I would just like to know how they came up with 72 and not 73 or 100 virgins? Anyone know?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
27-05-2015, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2015 12:03 PM by TurkeyBurner.)
(27-05-2015 11:27 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 07:21 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Look. You have to understand that some people are more important to God than other people, and that as a blessing to those important people God has graced every last one of them with an extremely tender ball sac capable of immense amounts of pain.

... also, with the much higher muscle-to-body-and-brain-mass that in the days of muscle-driven military technology when these religions came about translated into the ability to bring the less-blessed people into the religion by purer means than actually incentivizing them. That's what makes them important. I think.

Try getting your period every month and then we'll talk Tongue

Of course religions were male-dominated, they reflected the misogynistic culture of the time. All religions were designed to benefit what men wanted. I would just like to know how they came up with 72 and not 73 or 100 virgins? Anyone know?

(From Wikipedia) 72 is...

the smallest number whose fifth power is the sum of five smaller fifth powers: 19^5 + 43^5 + 46^5 + 47^5 + 67^5 = 72^5

the number of languages spoken at the Tower of Babylon, according to later tradition

the number of warriors on the Muslim side at the Battle of Badr

the number disciples of Confucius who mastered his teachings

the number of sects or denominations that are doomed to Hell, according to Hadith

the number of evil disciples and accomplices of Set that enclose the good god Osiris in a coffin

the number of episodes in the original airing of Futurama

how many demons and other spirits there are in the goetia The Lesser Key of Solomon.

and, finally, the number of days in Kim Kardashian's "marriage".

Do any of these look like good reasons???

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
27-05-2015, 12:11 PM
(27-05-2015 12:00 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 11:27 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Try getting your period every month and then we'll talk Tongue

(From Wikipedia) 72 is...

the smallest number whose fifth power is the sum of five smaller fifth powers: 19^5 + 43^5 + 46^5 + 47^5 + 67^5 = 72^5

the number of languages spoken at the Tower of Babylon, according to later tradition

the number of warriors on the Muslim side at the Battle of Badr

the number disciples of Confucius who mastered his teachings

the number of sects or denominations that are doomed to Hell, according to Hadith

the number of evil disciples and accomplices of Set that enclose the good god Osiris in a coffin

the number of episodes in the original airing of Futurama

how many demons and other spirits there are in the goetia The Lesser Key of Solomon.

and, finally, the number of days in Kim Kardashian's "marriage".

Do any of these look like good reasons???

I would say the number of days in Kim K.'s marriage has definite possibilities. Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
27-05-2015, 12:24 PM
I'll take the 72 due to Futurama episodes and if they each can reenact bits from their episodes it's a good deal, and I'll be glad to not have any more ones as the return episodes were far inferior except like 5 of em.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
27-05-2015, 01:12 PM
(27-05-2015 06:34 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 03:23 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  And this is why I choose Allfather Odin.

Let the Christian blasphemers burn Evil_monster

Well, in Islam you get one - as Shaykh Abd-Allaah ibn Jibreen said:

Right and men get 72 wtf Hobo

Here you go... sorry...

[Image: virginity-lvl-90_o_232133.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like WalkingSnake's post
27-05-2015, 01:22 PM
(26-05-2015 04:53 PM)pablo Wrote:  When stuff like that shows up on my newsfeed, I always comment on it. Tongue

Yeah? Really? I'd like to see some of those comments. Smile

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
27-05-2015, 01:27 PM
Hoooold on. If men get 72 virgins and women get just one man. How would that match up? Does that mean some of the virgins would have to be men? So gay sex will be normal in Islamic heaven?
27-05-2015, 01:27 PM
(27-05-2015 01:12 PM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 06:34 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Right and men get 72 wtf Hobo

Here you go... sorry...

[Image: virginity-lvl-90_o_232133.jpg]

[Image: f9f0ff64a4685cbda1529074ba285e610aabd116...f4d810.jpg]

27-05-2015, 02:13 PM
(26-05-2015 03:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(26-05-2015 03:39 PM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  [Image: lecrae.jpg]

Pascal's Wager = checkmate, atheists! Boom!

But if you choose the wrong god--not only did you waste your life worshiping the wrong god--you wasted eternity anyway....

...And just so you can start deducing to arrive at the proper god, here is a list of about 5,000. You'll have about as much of a chance of choosing the correct god as you will of getting a hole in one on a golf course. Bowing

godfinder.org
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post