Christian mingle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2013, 12:21 AM
RE: Christian mingle
My sister actually got married thanks to this site. It remains to be seen whether or not it was beneficial, but people gotta seek out like minded people. Jokes to us, real life for others.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2013, 12:30 AM
I see their banners everywhere. Apparently the cookies registered on sites concerning atheistic topics attract Christian Mingle ads. Yeah, solid logic there. Dodgy

[Image: giphy.gif]
25-11-2013, 12:32 AM
I always thought their tagline sounded a little morally irresponsible. So I looked it up on the site real quick and here's what they had to say about it:

Our tagline, "Find God's Match for You" has caused some controversy. To clarify, while we in no way mean that ChristianMingle is the only place where one can find the person God has meant for them, we do believe ChristianMingle is a tool God can and has used to bring people together. ChristianMingle's tagline was developed based on a common theme interwoven through the stories of couples who met on the site. ChristianMingle success stories overwhelmingly report that they never would have found each other without ChristianMingle and believe God used ChristianMingle to bring them together. Thus, "Find God's Match For You" articulates our proven success of being a vehicle God can use for the greater good of the community.

I don't really care. The tagline is still a little shady imo.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
25-11-2013, 07:21 AM
I guess I think it's slightly diabolical to tie god to it, because the concept of god for some people is the overriding factor.

I get finding like minded people. It's important for compatibility to choose someone who shares your lifestyle. I'm sure if my husband was a vegetarian for animal cruelty reasons would find it appalling to see me biting into a rare steak. Or rare lamb. Which is how I like my meat. Rare and bloody.

Golf match.com, or fitness match.com just doesn't seem to play off people's "virus" if you will.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
25-11-2013, 07:34 AM
Owned by atheists? In need of a new tagline?

[Image: h326C3181]

yes, I am a bad man.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-11-2013, 08:00 AM
You don't want to "Find Satan's Match for You™", do you? Who knows what spirits guide the servers of those... other... sites?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
25-11-2013, 11:07 AM
(25-11-2013 07:34 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Owned by atheists? In need of a new tagline?

[Image: h326C3181]

yes, I am a bad man.

but in a really good way

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-11-2013, 11:12 AM
(25-11-2013 12:32 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  I always thought their tagline sounded a little morally irresponsible. So I looked it up on the site real quick and here's what they had to say about it:

Our tagline, "Find God's Match for You" has caused some controversy. To clarify, while we in no way mean that ChristianMingle is the only place where one can find the person God has meant for them, we do believe ChristianMingle is a tool God can and has used to bring people together. ChristianMingle's tagline was developed based on a common theme interwoven through the stories of couples who met on the site. ChristianMingle success stories overwhelmingly report that they never would have found each other without ChristianMingle and believe God used ChristianMingle to bring them together. Thus, "Find God's Match For You" articulates our proven success of being a vehicle God can use for the greater good of the community.

I don't really care. The tagline is still a little shady imo.
The arrogance is overflowing. They created a website service and they think God actually gives a crap about it and has used it. Rolleyes

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
25-11-2013, 11:33 AM
(25-11-2013 11:12 AM)Impulse Wrote:  The arrogance is overflowing. They created a website service and they think God actually gives a crap about it and has used it. Rolleyes

YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT HE DIDN'T!!!!!!! Sadcryface2

perhaps I should work on resisting these evil impulses...

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
25-11-2013, 11:45 AM
(25-11-2013 11:33 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(25-11-2013 11:12 AM)Impulse Wrote:  The arrogance is overflowing. They created a website service and they think God actually gives a crap about it and has used it. Rolleyes

YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT HE DIDN'T!!!!!!! Sadcryface2

perhaps I should work on resisting these evil impulses...
True.
But I can prove they are arrogant. Tongue

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post