Christian movie push...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2014, 12:01 PM
RE: Christian movie push...
(19-01-2014 12:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 11:33 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  What makes me sick is these are going to draw people in and MAKE MONEY. Which means more to come....

I honestly think this is going to be a problem

Near and I are a bit at odds over this, he wants to see them to see what they say and put...I don't want to give them my money.

If executives make a bundle they'll assume it's what people want to see.

Are all of these going to be in mainstream theaters? I know the Noah film will be...But I won't pay to see Russell Crowe in anything -- I think he's a shitty actor who got more buzz than his ability afforded him.

I believe Son of God is. I don't know about Hovinds mess.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2014, 12:04 PM
(19-01-2014 12:01 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 12:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If executives make a bundle they'll assume it's what people want to see.

Are all of these going to be in mainstream theaters? I know the Noah film will be...But I won't pay to see Russell Crowe in anything -- I think he's a shitty actor who got more buzz than his ability afforded him.

I believe Son of God is. I don't know about Hovinds mess.

That's just disturbing. I want to believe that it's just the ebb and flow of things, yanno?

Hollywood typically sees one thing that makes a bit of dough and seems to rush to put out more of the same.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

19-01-2014, 12:06 PM
I honestly hope you're right.

Maybe we need to work on funding more secular movies however, counterbalance lol.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
19-01-2014, 12:15 PM
More people are still going to want to watch The Walking Dead over theistic rubbish.
[+] 2 users Like Foxen's post
19-01-2014, 12:17 PM
(19-01-2014 11:36 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I wonder if the ones aimed at a younger audience aren't going to seem to them to be not that different from other movies aimed at them. If they know that another movie is fiction...why wouldn't they then think these movies are also fiction? Depending on the level of indoctrination, it could be a good thing.

I tend to look at it this way. 80-90% of people have some type of religion, whether they're mild or heavily indoctrinated.

The people who attend church once or twice a year won't mind it at all and will likely never question for a moment it's not true. Most people don't care enough.

I think that's the target audience. They're not trying to convert the atheist who's made up their mind. They're trying to reach the people who don't give a shit -- the type who just says I believe god is real -- but I don't really care about the details. The people who show up at Easter and Christmas -- the people who are impressionable and easily wow'd by a big screen production.

Look that silly Mel Gibson's two hour snuff film the Passion...How many people saw it? How many churches is it still shown each Easter? Mel Gibson's batshit rantings about Jews hasn't tarnished that image either. I know plenty of Fundiy churches that insist on showing the film to little kids so they can understand how badly jebus suffered.

It's sickening.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

19-01-2014, 12:21 PM
Considering I just bought and watched Jesus Christ Superstar (a blast from the past), I just looked at it as entertainment. Of course, I looked at it as a story when I saw it in my teens and wore the grooves off the albums listening over and over again.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Don't forget about this one! Seems the duck dynasty boys are going to make an appearance in it.

19-01-2014, 01:50 PM
(19-01-2014 01:02 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Don't forget about this one! Seems the duck dynasty boys are going to make an appearance in it.

Oh yes. This piece of trash. Ack! Thanks for the reminder. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
19-01-2014, 01:51 PM
Don't forget This Is the End

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
19-01-2014, 02:03 PM
I thought it was pretty funny that one

Tongue

Its just weird that there are so many coming out now.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post