Christian movie push...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2014, 06:12 PM
RE: Christian movie push...
WTAF another one?!!?!!?!?!?!? Hobo

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Yeah. There is an exodus move coming too apparently.
27-02-2014, 09:13 PM
(27-02-2014 06:12 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  WTAF another one?!!?!!?!?!?!? Hobo

Y'know, the trailer for this really felt like a horror/scary film trailer, like the Sixth Sense or something. Just the way it was cut and whatnot. Maybe it's just me. Which if it really is like that, it'll be good. Scare people away from religion Tongue

Honestly, part of me isn't surprised though with how many Christian themed films they are. Just because with gay rights, more evidence developing against the bible and such, more hard-core Christians are feeling hard-pressed in this world. So a good way to make money is to aim film at them. I'm willing to bet Genesis will be shown exclusively at the Creationist Museum. Though from the trailers it seems like it'll be shown online? I don't know if I'm curious enough to tread onto their website to investigate...

[Image: notagain.gif]
27-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Are all of these actually going to the big screen? Hobo

Surely some of them are straight to DVD... Right? Right?!

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
28-02-2014, 06:37 AM
I want a Mormon movie with space Jesus in magic underwear saving the galaxy, and their long range communication devices are top hats.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
28-02-2014, 07:04 AM
(19-01-2014 11:20 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I gotta admit the Genesis in 3D disturbs me the most..since it's funded by Ken Ham and AIG.

That one bugs me....

Yeah when he was rolling off all the questions posed to him by atheists I was sitting there thinking, you know, you're not doing yourself any favours here.

But then he said that this film would answer all of them. "With scientific research by leading experts" !

Really? Interesting how they dismiss the concept of science when it contradicts their faith and then claim how their belief is valid because psuedo-science backs it up.

Yet they ignore the hypocrisy because it's all about feeling good afterwards. That's why the dodgy CGI will be in 3D. Don't worry though fellow atheists, Paul Verhoeven is working on a film about Jesus! This will be good (unless it's like a biblical Showgirls)

http://collider.com/paul-verhoeven-jesus-of-nazareth/
28-02-2014, 07:27 AM
This is how the science free, Christian version of deep impact would end, if the praying failed to stop the meteor.
[Image: a3Y2Aoe_700b_v2.jpg]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
28-02-2014, 07:32 AM
Yabut, the other night Letterman's top 10 list was the 10 biggest errors that Biblical scholars found in "Son of God". They were pretty hilariously sacrilegious. The audience ate it up. 25 years ago that would NEVER have been allowed on the air.
Seems there has been a lot of progress, IMO.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-02-2014, 07:53 AM
I wonder if it has anyhting to do with countering the new COSMOS series beginning on March 9th? You know, teaching the controversy and all that... Consider

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
28-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Bucky, thanks for the heads up, I had to find it!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post