Christian movie push...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2014, 12:18 PM
RE: Christian movie push...
meh, if biblical themed films were the only ones out there, I'd be more upset, but Son of God and Noah are playing alongside RoboCop, 300, and Lego3D.

Honestly I don't really think these films will do anything to persuade one group or another. The believers might get riled up and excited for a while. Who knows, maybe some people sitting on the edge of the fence will watch the movies, notice the Hollywood touch to it, do a little more research, and realize it's just as real as Lego3D...in which case it was in the right place.

It seems like a lot of Christians have already been complaining about Noah. Speaking of which, I actually wanted to see that. Not for any religious reason...but some of the scenes actually looked pretty cool and I like Russel Crowe.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2014, 12:43 PM
RE: Christian movie push...
You know, when I was still Christian, I would have found these movies offensive for a different reason. It probably would have been something like "trying to cash in off of God" or "diluting the true message" or what not, but it would have rubbed me the wrong way.

Now they bother me for a different reason. It seems like any movie based on the flood myth would be a hard sell. You have to demonize the entire human race, kids and all, to the point where the story seems justified. Reading about it in Genesis is different than watching depictions of children drowning on the big screen. Of course, they won't show that part, either, but it seems that giving faces to all those people would be problematic for the apologetics.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply