Christian persecution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2015, 05:43 AM
RE: Christian persecution
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha​hahaha

You announcing that you're forgiving others for calling you a dickhead...that's funny shit right there. Thanks for that giggle. Whew. My side hurts a little from laughing so hard.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
31-07-2015, 05:44 AM
(31-07-2015 05:43 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha​hahaha

You announcing that you're forgiving others for calling you a dickhead...that's funny shit right there. Thanks for that giggle. Whew. My side hurts a little from laughing so hard.

Apparently during his absence he decided he would be a polite troll this time around.

Like frosting on a turd. It's all still shit when you get right down to it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
31-07-2015, 05:54 AM
(31-07-2015 05:44 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 05:43 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha​hahaha

Apparently during his absence he decided he would be a polite troll this time around.

I forgive you for calling me a turd.
31-07-2015, 05:57 AM
(31-07-2015 05:54 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 05:44 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Apparently during his absence he decided he would be a polite troll this time around.

Whoopdefuckingdoo.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
31-07-2015, 06:04 AM
(31-07-2015 05:43 AM)Anjele Wrote:  While I understand the issue of discrimination with regards to who a business will or will not serve - I don't understand trying to force someone to sell me anything...particularly a food. If they are that hateful and close-minded I am just not sure that I want to give them my money nor do I want someone who hates me to cook for me.

It is a rare commodity that's only available at one outlet.

This isn't about getting a cake. This is about imposing ones belief on another. It is not like the gay couple couldn't find an accommodating baker down the street.. This is Oregon for God's sake not Mississippi.

There is no reason to force this couple to bake a cake except....and this is actually the state of Oregons word, “The goal is never to shut down a business. The goal is to rehabilitate.”

It is simply persecuting the baker because you don't like their beliefs. Not because you are correcting some huge social injustice.
31-07-2015, 06:11 AM
You mean like the Christian majority did to everyone else in this country until the 1960s? Is that what you're talking about?

Words have meaning and the definition of persecution is not "being forced to serve the whole of the public, even those who make you feel icky". Persecution is what my grandfather faced in the 30s and 40s when businesses in NYC had signs that said "Jews, Irish and Italians" need not apply and why my father grew up in extreme poverty. It's what blacks faced in this country under Jim Crow. It's what gays faced in this country when just being yourself could mean a jail sentence or an attack where your assailant was all but assured to get off because hey, it's just some fag that was beat up. And, all of that was defended as "religious freedom". We've been taking your religious freedom away for decades and the world continues to turn.

When you open a business to the public, you open the business to all the public. That's the law and it requires everyone be treated equally. Businesses can refuse individual orders at times but you can't refuse to serve classes of people. So, you can refuse to bake the "god hates fags" cake but you can't refuse to serve Christians because they are bigots. But, you have no idea what persecution is. And, whether or not you can go to another bakery really isn't the point. Blacks in the south could always go to another lunch counter or hotel - but only one that was ok for blacks. We've had this fight, sir, and the bigots lost.

Btw, every single day where I watch some christian complain about how he has lost the ability to shit all over the minority groups he used to shit on with impunity is the new greatest day of my life. So, thanks for kicking my Friday off to a great start.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
31-07-2015, 06:14 AM
(31-07-2015 06:04 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 05:43 AM)Anjele Wrote:  While I understand the issue of discrimination with regards to who a business will or will not serve - I don't understand trying to force someone to sell me anything...particularly a food. If they are that hateful and close-minded I am just not sure that I want to give them my money nor do I want someone who hates me to cook for me.

It is a rare commodity that's only available at one outlet.

This isn't about getting a cake. This is about imposing ones belief on another. It is not like the gay couple couldn't find an accommodating baker down the street.. This is Oregon for God's sake not Mississippi.

There is no reason to force this couple to bake a cake except....and this is actually the state of Oregons word, “The goal is never to shut down a business. The goal is to rehabilitate.”

It is simply persecuting the baker because you don't like their beliefs. Not because you are correcting some huge social injustice.

It's reprimanding not persecuting the baker, because the Baker was "persecuting" if anyone was. Discrimination is more akin ot persecution than being finned for breaking an understood law.

It's not baking a "gay cake" it's baking and selling a cake.. what the person who buys the cake does with it afterwards isn't something a baker should care about. That the baker DID care about and refused to bake & sell because of the caring on basis of the sexuality of the wedding, is the persecution.

Perhaps that Baker had better prices or was closer, or designed cakes they preferred to others. Making them want that bakers cake. You are being quite rude in regards to start making assumptions on "what this was about" by adding details unknown to you. You're speculating out of an emotional response. That's not very mature.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
31-07-2015, 09:27 PM
(31-07-2015 05:54 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 05:44 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Apparently during his absence he decided he would be a polite troll this time around.

I forgive you for continuing to exist long past you have any value.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-08-2015, 02:39 AM
(31-07-2015 09:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 05:54 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I forgive you for calling me a turd.

I forgive you for continuing to exist long past you have any value.

I forgive you for your insult.
01-08-2015, 03:14 AM
(01-08-2015 02:39 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 09:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I forgive you for continuing to exist long past you have any value.

I forgive you for your insult.

You're being boring. Where's your pride as a troll?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.