Christian responses to Leviticus et. al?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: Christian responses to Leviticus et. al?
(03-08-2012 02:49 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 02:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  From what I see, y'all don't have a problem with God's omnipotence, omniscience, or omnipresence, but instead, the actual concepts themselves.
Haven't you read my reply to you? Consider

Fine.

I got lazy because I didn't want to look up scripture.

I skimmed through it and it seemed like it said what I wanted it to say. Guess not.

*All verses are NASB*

Omnipotence:
Romans 1:20 (everlasting power)
Jeremiah 32:27 (nothing is too difficult for God)

His power is everlasting and His power has no end.

Omniscience:
Job 37:16 (perfect in knowledge)
Psalm 147:5 (His understanding is infinite)

Omnipresence:
Psalm 139:7-12

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2012, 05:16 PM
(03-08-2012 02:53 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 02:46 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I don't see how u solved my paradox

As far as anyone within the watermelon universe is concerned, you (God) know the future and the past and can change both without giving rise to a contradiction. Think of the watermelon as an actual physical object. ithas a shape which you can deform. deforming the shape along the time axis corresponds to changing the future / past.

In order for your to successfully alter reality, must have attributes that pertain to reality.

(03-08-2012 03:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 02:49 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Haven't you read my reply to you? Consider

Fine.

I got lazy because I didn't want to look up scripture.

I skimmed through it and it seemed like it said what I wanted it to say. Guess not.

*All verses are NASB*

Omnipotence:
Romans 1:20 (everlasting power)
Jeremiah 32:27 (nothing is too difficult for God)

His power is everlasting and His power has no end.

Omniscience:
Job 37:16 (perfect in knowledge)
Psalm 147:5 (His understanding is infinite)

Omnipresence:
Psalm 139:7-12

Yet the Bible does not defend the attributes substantially. The problem is that the infinite amount of something such as power is still limited if he cannot create something that he cannot lift. Additionally, if he is not limited, and can create anything that he cannot lift, then his infinite power is limited due to the infinite amount of power.

It is a simple paradox.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
04-08-2012, 12:26 PM
(03-08-2012 11:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 03:36 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  The fuck?

Okay... let's try this again.

You said:
If God is all knowing, he knows his decisions in the future, if God knows EVERYTHING he can't have free will. And if God doesn't have the ability of free will, he is not all powerful.

Under the assumption that God is omniscient and omnipotent, then one cannot cancel the other out; if so, then He was never one of them.

Under a finite premise of existence, one cannot be omnipotent and be omniscient because that person would be subjugated to his own omnipotence or omniscient - this would either remove his free will or remove his absolute knowledge. This is linear thinking.

Under an infinite premise of existence, one must be omnipotent to be omniscient since his omniscience is directly affected by his omnipotence and vice verse. The two are dependent on each other in order to function. You cannot have one without the other. This is circular thinking.

And no, circular thinking isn't "bad" in this instance. Circular thinking is used correctly when talking about things that are infinite... hence, the name.

Under the assumption that God has always existed, has always known what was going to happen, and has always had absolute power; then God's power coincides with His knowledge.

His power had no starting point; likewise, neither did His knowledge. They both always were. His knowledge was based on His power, and His power was based on His knowledge.

[Image: kingschosen-meme-generator-infinity-expl...c40cef.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post