Christian responses to Leviticus et. al?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2012, 08:26 AM
RE: Christian responses to Leviticus et. al?
(01-08-2012 08:15 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  I can't find any evidence supporting your clam KC.

[Image: ForkingClam.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Red Celt's post
01-08-2012, 08:29 AM
(01-08-2012 08:25 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 08:15 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  I'm asking anybody who can justify the idea the old testament was the basis. So far I can only find that the new testament claims throw out the old.

I can't find any evidence supporting your clam KC.

I'm saying that the law structured Jesus' teachings - a blueprint of sorts.
And where's your evidence for the claim that the law structured Jesus' teachings?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
01-08-2012, 08:30 AM
(01-08-2012 08:15 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  EDIT: spell check failed me.

TOO LATE!!!

MUWAHAHAHAHA!!!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
01-08-2012, 08:31 AM
(01-08-2012 08:29 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 08:25 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm saying that the law structured Jesus' teachings - a blueprint of sorts.
And where's your evidence for the claim that the law structured Jesus' teachings?

Matthew 5:17-18

17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

01-08-2012, 08:38 AM
(01-08-2012 08:31 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 08:29 AM)Vosur Wrote:  And where's your evidence for the claim that the law structured Jesus' teachings?

Matthew 5:17-18

17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
The verse that fstratzero posted earlier in this thread clearly contradicts this.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. (Matthew 5:38-48)

His teaching is the exact opposite of what was said in the OT. By replacing "Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth" with his teachings, he does abolish the law, because he renders it invalid. The two of them cannot co-exist.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
01-08-2012, 08:44 AM
God is a simulation - mind of another in mind, a ghost in the believer's machine. Bible is a simulation of god's worldly authority but also a literal idol to which the believer prays for moral clarity. Put the two together and it's weaponized morality.

A verification of sorts of this hypothesis lies in the memories of tao te ching and I achieving consistent moral victory. If it wasn't self-confidence and self-clarity being the weapon of both sides, there would be no sect.

/story.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-08-2012, 08:44 AM
(01-08-2012 07:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  OT laws and regulations where created for the Jews' purity, separation, and for the preservation of the Messianic line. Once the Messiah was born, the laws didn't become moot per se, but they served as a foundation for Christ's teachings.

So the poor old pre JC homo Jews got shafted hard but that's all fine now that the Messianic line have done their job, which is basically to hang around and reproduce up until the time God says it's OK to save everyone.

How does this fit in with evolution. Messianic line go all the way back to single cells? Jellyfish with halos ? Not gay jellyfish mind you... that would be impure...

My point is somewhat garbled. I wonder if you'll get what I'm driving at Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-08-2012, 08:45 AM
(01-08-2012 08:38 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 08:31 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Matthew 5:17-18

The verse that fstratzero posted earlier in this thread clearly contradicts this.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. (Matthew 5:38-48)

His teaching is the exact opposite of what was said in the OT. By replacing "Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth" with his teachings, he does abolish the law, because he renders it invalid.

I probably should have been clearer about what I meant, I'm sorry.

The blueprint that Jesus follows is teaching people what God has instructed. His speaking against these things because He is God incarnate and this is what God wants.

The following of the law is following God. Jesus has come to fulfill God's instructions and to follow what God has commanded.

Does that make sense?

01-08-2012, 08:46 AM
(01-08-2012 07:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  because I'm pro-gay

Is that another colloquialism for artificial insemination? Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
01-08-2012, 08:49 AM
(01-08-2012 08:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 07:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  OT laws and regulations where created for the Jews' purity, separation, and for the preservation of the Messianic line. Once the Messiah was born, the laws didn't become moot per se, but they served as a foundation for Christ's teachings.

So the poor old pre JC homo Jews got shafted hard but that's all fine now that the Messianic line have done their job, which is basically to hang around and reproduce up until the time God says it's OK to save everyone.

How does this fit in with evolution. Messianic line go all the way back to single cells? Jellyfish with halos ? Not gay jellyfish mind you... that would be impure...

My point is somewhat garbled. I wonder if you'll get what I'm driving at Tongue

I... think... I get what you're saying...

God imprinted His image on humanity... whenever... can't pinpoint that.

God chose the Hebrews to carry the Messianic line ~4K years ago. I think you think that I think that the Hebrews were the origin of God's story for humanity. This isn't the case... God picks up the story well after imprinting His image on humanity.

Did I answer anything you wanted?