Christian responses to Leviticus et. al?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2012, 12:16 PM
RE: Christian responses to Leviticus et. al?
(03-08-2012 11:55 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 11:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Okay... let's try this again.

You said:
If God is all knowing, he knows his decisions in the future, if God knows EVERYTHING he can't have free will. And if God doesn't have the ability of free will, he is not all powerful.

Under the assumption that God is omniscient and omnipotent, then one cannot cancel the other out; if so, then He was never one of them.

Under a finite premise of existence, one cannot be omnipotent and be omniscient because that person would be subjugated to his own omnipotence or omniscient - this would either remove his free will or remove his absolute knowledge. This is linear thinking.

Under an infinite premise of existence, one must be omnipotent to be omniscient since his omniscience is directly affected by his omnipotence and vice verse. The two are dependent on each other in order to function. You cannot have one without the other. This is circular thinking.

And no, circular thinking isn't "bad" in this instance. Circular thinking is used correctly when talking about things that are infinite... hence, the name.

Under the assumption that God has always existed, has always known what was going to happen, and has always had absolute power; then God's power coincides with His knowledge.

His power had no starting point; likewise, neither did His knowledge. They both always were. His knowledge was based on His power, and His power was based on His knowledge.

Dude, You make assumptions, and they do cancel out eachother..... You haven't an infinte therefore circular reasoning is forfeit....

Your post makes absolutely NO sense.

Yes, they do.

Limiting infinite makes no sense.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2012, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 12:35 PM by fstratzero.)
(03-08-2012 12:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 11:55 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Dude, You make assumptions, and they do cancel out eachother..... You haven't an infinte therefore circular reasoning is forfeit....

Yes, they do.

Infinities are larger than one another.

Huh? The term 'infinity' seems like it would equally apply to all situations where something never ends. But as the latest edition of Minute Physics illustrates, some infinities can actually be larger than others. For instance, the infinite numbers between zero and one (decimals) is actually considered to be larger than the infinite whole numbers (1,2,3,5, etc.) ascending upwards. Crazy. Given it's only Friday morning, we hope we haven't completely fried your brain already.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
03-08-2012, 12:25 PM
(03-08-2012 12:24 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 12:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yes, they do.

Infinities are larger than one another.

I can't see videos here at work.

But, I'm assuming your comment isn't serious.

03-08-2012, 12:25 PM
(03-08-2012 12:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 11:55 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Dude, You make assumptions, and they do cancel out eachother..... You haven't an infinte therefore circular reasoning is forfeit....

Yes, they do.

I never said about limiting the infinite, you just haven't proved that God is infinite.

Since you haven't proved God, you can't prove his attributes.

Don't make me go "cricular logic is good when we talk about infinite." on you.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
03-08-2012, 12:26 PM
(03-08-2012 12:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 12:24 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Infinities are larger than one another.

Nope, he is completely serious.

Set theory, bitches.

[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
03-08-2012, 12:27 PM
(03-08-2012 12:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 12:24 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Infinities are larger than one another.

Actually I am.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
03-08-2012, 12:38 PM
It's a pretty cool thing isn't it.

Heart set theory...
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
03-08-2012, 12:39 PM
(03-08-2012 12:38 PM)morondog Wrote:  It's a pretty cool thing isn't it.

Heart set theory...

Yup!

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
03-08-2012, 12:39 PM
(03-08-2012 12:25 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 12:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yes, they do.

I never said about limiting the infinite, you just haven't proved that God is infinite.

Okay... not meaning to pick on you... but this is what I'm talking about.

Atheists love to do this right here. You're changing what the argument is about and placing the burden of proof on whether or not God exists and His attributes.

This is unfair arguing.

The argument is about theology; not about God's existence or His attributes. My theology is that God is infinite. The argument is whether or not omnipotence is limited my omniscience; not whether or not I can prove that God is infinite.

My theology is not in question here. It is my theology that God is infinite. The acceptance of this is paramount within the argument of whether omniscience cancels omnipotence. By arguing that omniscience cancels omnipotence, there is an acceptance of my theology of God; if not, then you cannot make this debate with me.

I cannot prove God's attributes. So, from what you just said, no debate should even be taking place.

03-08-2012, 12:41 PM
(03-08-2012 12:39 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 12:25 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I never said about limiting the infinite, you just haven't proved that God is infinite.

Okay... not meaning to pick on you... but this is what I'm talking about.

Atheists love to do this right here. You're changing what the argument is about and placing the burden of proof on whether or not God exists and His attributes.

This is unfair arguing.

The argument is about theology; not about God's existence or His attributes. My theology is that God is infinite. The argument is whether or not omnipotence is limited my omniscience; not whether or not I can prove that God is infinite.

My theology is not in question here. It is my theology that God is infinite. The acceptance of this is paramount within the argument of whether omniscience cancels omnipotence. By arguing that omniscience cancels omnipotence, there is an acceptance of my theology of God; if not, then you cannot make this debate with me.

I cannot prove God's attributes. So, from what you just said, no debate should even be taking place.

No, you just made an unfounded assumption that circular logic works on an infinite being. Since you have yet to prove he is infinite, I can't take you seriously.