Christian review calling for my book to be banned.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2013, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2013 02:13 PM by wldstrwlf.)
Christian review calling for my book to be banned.
I wrote a book last year about what it is like to live with Alaskan Malamutes and it was never intended to be anything more than that. It has done fairly well with those in the Malamute community. It received it's first ever one-star rating:

"The book is vague at best and is just about bashing church, God, and making the case for human euthanasia. Don't buy, as you will learn very little about Malamutes, but you will hear how animals are on the same level as humans, and how bad humans are compared to animals. I love animals, but hey are not human. My Malamute is treated well and spoiled and I do lover her, but not like my wife, children, or grand kids. Ironically the author states in one chapter how you cannot keep Malamutes together, especially two females or they will tear each other up, and in the next breath he is telling how humans could learn to get along and love from the Malamute. Horrible book with grammatical errors and like I said, hidden agendas. Oh yes, and he also is against marriage as he makes his point of telling how he lived together with all of his women, including his now significant other. What a disappointment. Christians should ban this book."

I appreciate the individual's review and wanted to respond via Amazon, but was advised against doing so. He is correct in that there is one grammatical error in the Kindle version (none that anyone can point out in the physical copy). Christians historically have called for several notable works to be banned ("Tom Sawyer" and "The Grapes of Wrath" come to mind). I guess I should feel honored. Censorship of ideas bothers me nonetheless.

The link to my book is here... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071DWUTS

Please do not download as this is not a book on atheism and would really only be of interest to those that have had Alaskan Malamutes. I just wanted to post a link to his review.

Thanks for letting me vent.

,,,^..^,,,~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Christian review calling for my book to be banned. - wldstrwlf - 22-01-2013 02:10 PM