"Christian" snobbery

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2013, 10:27 PM
"Christian" snobbery
Ever notice how some "Christians" will mention their kids having good Christian friends with a condescending tone in their voice. My neighbor often speaks like this which is hilarious because her good Christian daughter isn't exactly a good Christian when away from her parents. She is smart enough to talk their talk when around them. When mother pulls the condescending tone with me, inferring I'm a heathen, I can't help but laugh inside about how she'd react if she knew how her daughter was behaving.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: "Christian" snobbery
They are the chosen ones, an besides, her daughter could be a bank robbing pregnant crack whore and simply ask Jesus for forgiveness, as long as she doesn't convert to another faith or god forbid turn Atheist shes still better than you.

[Image: not-on-the-list-comic1.jpg]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 4 users Like sporehux's post
24-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Sadly ^ is absolutely correct...which is ironic, because if you follow the bible then Jews are the chosen people of god...12 tribes of Israel in Revelations anyone?

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
24-11-2013, 08:02 PM
I've never understood christians who are so obviously condescending and judgmental. Most of the christians I've known are superficially nice to your face and incredibly judgmental behind your back/in their own hearts/thoughts.
Your neighbor sounds sickening haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2013, 06:01 AM
(23-11-2013 10:27 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  Ever notice how some "Christians" will mention their kids having good Christian friends with a condescending tone in their voice. My neighbor often speaks like this which is hilarious because her good Christian daughter isn't exactly a good Christian when away from her parents. She is smart enough to talk their talk when around them. When mother pulls the condescending tone with me, inferring I'm a heathen, I can't help but laugh inside about how she'd react if she knew how her daughter was behaving.

Well, tell us how is she behaving!!Cool

FWIW, anyone can be condescending while talking about something personal, even atheists. But, many people are only nominally Christian, and "talking the talk" is really their only connection to it.

Many people may be only nominally a lot of other religions, too.
25-11-2013, 07:44 AM
(23-11-2013 10:27 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  Ever notice how some "Christians" will mention their kids having good Christian friends with a condescending tone in their voice. My neighbor often speaks like this which is hilarious because her good Christian daughter isn't exactly a good Christian when away from her parents. She is smart enough to talk their talk when around them. When mother pulls the condescending tone with me, inferring I'm a heathen, I can't help but laugh inside about how she'd react if she knew how her daughter was behaving.

What is she doing?
25-11-2013, 07:47 AM
(25-11-2013 07:44 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  

What is she doing?

Pervert Dodgy

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
25-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Dude that's just the nature of the beast. Even when I was a Christian, I was like that with other Christians. Thank god I'm a humanist, lol
[+] 1 user Likes Searching4truth's post
25-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Dude that's just the nature of the beast. Even when I was a Christian, I was like that with other Christians. Thank god I'm a humanist, lol
25-11-2013, 10:20 AM
not sure how that popped up twice