Christian solicitations via the mail

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2015, 06:27 AM
RE: Christian solicitations via the mail
I used to have a sign on my front door. I only took it down because the ink faded.

"Warning - This house contains the world's most heavily armed atheist - who loves to get dirty in a debate, and gets downright evil when he loses".

It worked better than the garlic and wolfbane......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
03-03-2015, 09:16 AM
(02-03-2015 11:24 PM)ScatteredThoughts Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 08:48 PM)WhiteRaven Wrote:  ...and a rather creepy, handwritten letter.

You might want to investigate the writing style a bit more closely. It might be machine generated.

I came across this a while back:

https://medium.com/message/how-to-tell-w...1562705d59
I would guess that's too technologically sophisticated for the typical JW congregation. Besides, their whole thing is to obligate members to do door-to-door work, and in areas where that isn't possible it sounds entirely plausible that they would want people handwriting letters instead. We are talking probably hundreds of such dwellings in a territory at most, not tens or hundreds of thousands. Many hands make light work, and all that sort of thing. And if I were a JW I'd gladly endure writers cramp rather than making a fool of myself annoying people in their own homes.
03-03-2015, 09:20 AM
I used to get mail solicitations from some cult whose name I mercifully forget. It included a paper "prayer rug" upon which you were supposed to pray, then send back with your donation in the pre-paid envelope.

I'd rip it up, scribble a few words and/or obscenities and send it back. They have to PAY to pick up the envelope at the Post Office. Big Grin

Just trying to do my part. Wonder why I don't get any more of those?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
03-03-2015, 10:08 AM
I've gotten their crap in the mail. It's recycled immediately but what a waste of a tree.

I have a "no solicitation" sign on the door but they still knock and bother me. I point to the sign and they say, all smiley and real innocent like, Smile "Oh, we're not selling anything." To which I reply, something along the lines of, "Yes you are. You're selling me your brand of religion and I'm not buying any." Angry

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
03-03-2015, 10:56 AM
We used to get an old couple of JW's round every two weeks. I don't think it took them long to work out they had no chance of converting us so they would talk about anything and only try and urge us to read their comics.
I quite like reading these, they are a good laugh.
Anyway this couple moved away but they must have warned the rest about us. Now every month or two we get a few comics put through the letter box but never see anyone.
Suits me fine.

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.
04-03-2015, 01:34 PM
The cults do mass mailings but thankfully, most of their "many" converts are born into those cults only. I've had JW's at my house for many "Bible studies"--scary stuff!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user