Christian universalism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2016, 03:11 PM
Christian universalism?
Before I deconverted I was a catholic and I believed in universalism/universal reconciliation... but I now understand that it's ilogical and dosent make sense....mostly because the Bible os chalk full of contradictions.... how do you guys understand that concept of universalism before you deconverted???
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2016, 06:09 PM
RE: Christian universalism?
I understood to be a cherry-picked version of the gospel. Haha! Is there any version that isn't cherry-picked?

I didn't have a very deep understanding of what it was, just that they didn't validate the "true" gospel of Jesus.

This was from a Charismatic/Pentecostal perspective.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
17-01-2016, 12:49 AM
(10-01-2016 03:11 PM)jason197754 Wrote:  Before I deconverted I was a catholic and I believed in universalism/universal reconciliation... but I now understand that it's ilogical and dosent make sense....mostly because the Bible os chalk full of contradictions.... how do you guys understand that concept of universalism before you deconverted???
The bible does not contradict itself about universal reconciliation.
17-01-2016, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2016 01:04 AM by Peebothuhul.)
Well... no Pops.

Other then it's completely pointless. As in, if there are other sophonts some where out in the void.. Why would they care about our beliefs?

And... how does the action, as in death/sacrifice, of one Demi-god to a God's actions travel faster than light anyway? Consider

Edit: Facepalm Silly me! The actions also have to flow backwards in time as well! Since all the people born and died before the sacrifice of Jebus need to be saved as well.
17-01-2016, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2016 02:26 AM by GirlyMan.)
Jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine.

#sigh