Christian vs. Humanist Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2017, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2017 10:28 PM by Peebothuhul.)
RE: Christian vs. Humanist Morality
(02-02-2017 04:55 PM)Naielis Wrote:  I debated Sye Ten. He's not very intelligent. I'm not right because I say so. I'm right because what I say corresponds to reality. I know it does because I have a working epistemology. I can justify my metaphysics and, from that, the existence of the necessary being.

(02-02-2017 04:55 PM)Naielis Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 05:56 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Serious question. What age group are you a member?

I don't know how to treat you?

You sound very young and inexperienced.

I'm 17.

THIS for the WIN!

Heart

Hug Naielis

I love you mate! +1 Rep given.

F@cken' AWESOME right there. *Fist pump*

Please Naielis, through thick and thin, please stay with the forum.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
02-02-2017, 11:09 PM
(02-02-2017 08:26 PM)Naielis Wrote:  I've studied epistemology and metaphysics for years.

Great. Explain for me how "creation" or "causation" is possible without space-time.

Without space or time logic tends not to be worth much and epistemology and metaphysics go right out the window. You might as well have spent years studying the rind on blue cheese for what it's worth.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
03-02-2017, 02:29 AM
(02-02-2017 05:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  ... voted for Commodus.

Laugh out load

THATS exactly whe we need you on TTA! Bowing Bowing Bowing

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
03-02-2017, 02:48 AM
(03-02-2017 02:29 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 05:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  ... voted for Commodus.

Laugh out load

THATS exactly whe we need you on TTA! Bowing Bowing Bowing

I would have voted for Kang. Blush

Heart Banjo
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
03-02-2017, 02:55 AM
(02-02-2017 08:20 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Wow.. I just did a lot of reading to catch up on this thread, and all I get is a person who can't understand why "A creator is that being which is uncreated" is Special Pleading and then goes on to claim that he has a solid grasp of philosophy, which undermines atheism... wow.

I want the last 20 minutes of my life back. Dodgy

he thinks philosophy is above science
he thinks philosophy discovers facts (like in "sitting in your armchair, thinking hard, and POOF, you have a fact")
he throws around "metaphysics" without providing a definition
he thinks an argument is equivalent to evidence
he thinks having studied philosophy for (a couple of) years makes him *experienced* (hint: i have an engineering degree for more than his entire lifetime and i am working with people who have an experience spannig TWICE his lifetime)

If you think philosophy alone qualifies you for making statements about the entire physical reality, then you should maybe try sometihng *real* too, like hammering a nail into a wall for example, or building a house. That qualifies you for making statements about reality more than you may think.

[+] 7 users Like Deesse23's post
03-02-2017, 03:00 AM
(02-02-2017 08:34 PM)Naielis Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 08:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  At 17 yo that's not a particularly impressive claim. just sayin'

Four years of research isn't relevant? You assume too much from age.

4 years in any profession is almost nothing! 4 years is when we would START to label someone as "has SOME experience at all".

It has been said, but you need to dial down your .... confidence in your self and what you already have done. Im not saying its nothing to have studied philosophy for years when you are 17, but YOU have no clue what it means to have 20y of experience in ANYthing.

[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
03-02-2017, 03:02 AM
(02-02-2017 09:42 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 06:25 PM)Naielis Wrote:  I don't think you understand. I've debated this subject almost daily for years.

You're 17. I'm 52. I've been debating topics such as morality etc since I was 16.

You are not experienced.

You're probably still a virgin for all I know.

Dial it down. You are not saying anything new. Real old rubbish I heard 30+ years ago. Only then it was done better.

Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses.

If you would have been silent you would have remained a philosopher.
Conjunctive irrealis, thats freaking hardcore!

Marry me, Banjo! Heart

03-02-2017, 04:30 AM
(02-02-2017 08:08 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 05:50 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Even sending an unasked for Skype address is perhaps poor etiquette?

You have some nerve! I wasn't going to share this, several months ago you asked me to send you some nudes, and I politely declined, and chalked it up as chemo-brain. And here you are offended that someone asked to exchange Skype addresses?

I have zero memory of this. It may have been a joke. Do you have this PM?

If not, fuck you.

If so, I am very surprised. Why would I want nudes from you?????

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
03-02-2017, 04:36 AM
(03-02-2017 03:02 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  If you would have been silent you would have remained a philosopher.
Conjunctive irrealis, thats freaking hardcore!

Marry me, Banjo! Heart

Sure babe. Smile

Oh and I read Boethius. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
03-02-2017, 05:33 AM
(02-02-2017 08:34 PM)Naielis Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 08:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  At 17 yo that's not a particularly impressive claim. just sayin'

Four years of research isn't relevant? You assume too much from age.

Four years of research without grounding in the form of University courses indeed does not mean much. William Taubman spent nearly 20 years on research needed for his Khrushchev. The Man and His Era. I dare to say that philosophy is much more wide ranging than story of one person and said person rule. So four years of what you call research don't mean much.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post