Christian vs. Humanist Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2017, 08:22 AM
RE: Christian vs. Humanist Morality
(03-02-2017 08:13 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 06:26 AM)adey67 Wrote:  If and its a big if this happened I'd bet money it was a joke probably in response to self righteous moralizing. But he need to put up the goods or retract his comment Imo.

Why would I PM Tomasia?? I think him a dolt.

I rarely PM anyone.

Like I said it was a big if, I only mentioned it because you yourself said that your brain was badly affected by treatments, but I take your point why would you want to message him. He's yanking your chain I think mate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2017, 08:25 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2017 08:33 AM by adey67.)
Naielis, Right now I'm guessing you're ignoring me because you got yourself in a snit about yesterday, that's cool ignore me don't ignore me I don't care, but if you're going to get all ansy and butthurt everytime someone isn't perfectly polite to you you're going to have a difficult time of things. You're clearly a smart fellow but acting all huffy holding grudges and being unable to navigate and interpret peoples reactions and read between the lines is what people mean when they talk about life experience being important. Its an important skill to learn and if you had it already you would have been able to pick up that I was actually trying to build bridges with you.
03-02-2017, 08:38 AM
(03-02-2017 07:27 AM)Naielis Wrote:  Since the necessary being must have been atemporal, the act of creating time must have been atemporal. Many responses to this are arguments from incredulity.

You seem intelligent, perhaps this short 4 minute reading from Carl Sagan’s The Demon Haunted World will shed some light on our “incredulity” and open your eyes on why we think your flight of fancy is just that. Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
03-02-2017, 09:04 AM
(02-02-2017 02:52 PM)Naielis Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 02:09 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  A claim about the universe for which you have zero evidence and a claim about a being which you have no evidence.

You can wank to William Lane Craig's sophistry, but you still have zero evidence, just another silly argument.

What claim about the universe are you referring to? I have evidence for the necessary being. I use a collection of refined cosmological arguments. And Craig is an intelligent person. How are his arguments are sophistry?

But Craig says reason is subordinate to faith. This is not what I would call intellegent.
[+] 4 users Like kemo boy's post
03-02-2017, 09:38 AM
At work.

Hello Naielis! Big Grin

(02-02-2017 02:52 PM)Naielis Wrote:  ...... I have evidence for the necessary being.......

Cool! What is your evidence? Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
03-02-2017, 09:43 AM
106 pages in and our friend Naielis hasn't put forth anything that hasn't been said a thousand times before, all of which has long since been refuted (argument from design, argument from common morality, cosmological argument, etc etc etc).

Maybe, some day, we'll see something new. I hope so; I grow weary of listening to the same old, same old...

[Image: 69b1184a404d0cb5d8acd2f9398d6657.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
03-02-2017, 09:56 AM
(03-02-2017 09:43 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  106 pages in and our friend Naielis hasn't put forth anything that hasn't been said a thousand times before, all of which has long since been refuted (argument from design, argument from common morality, cosmological argument, etc etc etc).

Maybe, some day, we'll see something new. I hope so; I grow weary of listening to the same old, same old...

[Image: 69b1184a404d0cb5d8acd2f9398d6657.jpg]

First, I wasn't here until page 83. Second, I wasn't under the impression I needed to have original arguments. Third, the cosmological arguments have simply not been refuted. They are still heavily debated in the philosophical sphere. Fourth, I never mentioned the argument from design or common morality. Fifth, your picture makes no sense considering I am not a Christian.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
03-02-2017, 09:59 AM
(03-02-2017 08:25 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Naielis, Right now I'm guessing you're ignoring me because you got yourself in a snit about yesterday, that's cool ignore me don't ignore me I don't care, but if you're going to get all ansy and butthurt everytime someone isn't perfectly polite to you you're going to have a difficult time of things. You're clearly a smart fellow but acting all huffy holding grudges and being unable to navigate and interpret peoples reactions and read between the lines is what people mean when they talk about life experience being important. Its an important skill to learn and if you had it already you would have been able to pick up that I was actually trying to build bridges with you.

You construct this entirely on the premise that I'm ignoring you. I'm not. I never was. I don't hold grudges in discussions. That would be childish and innapropriate. It wouldn't lead to fruitful discussion. I'm well aware that there are people that can't be discussed this, but I never thought you were one of them. Please don't jump to conclusions.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
03-02-2017, 10:00 AM
(03-02-2017 07:32 AM)adey67 Wrote:  So basically in.plain English I'm guessing you are referring to the creator being outside of space/time am I right here and that he created outside of space time too ?

Yes.

03-02-2017, 10:04 AM
(03-02-2017 08:10 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Come back in 8 years when you're a man.

You see I'm not exactly sure if I can get anywhere in a discussion with you. Am I wrong in this assessment?