Christian vs. Humanist Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2017, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2017 09:03 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Christian vs. Humanist Morality
(03-02-2017 08:54 PM)Christian Philosophy Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 08:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I don't waste my time with theists.
I know a lot more about their religions than they do.

Well that makes it easy to end our discussion.

Have a nice day,

Christian Philosophy

That makes it easy to let you cop out.
That's what I thought. No answer.
There is nothing coherent about Christianity. The claims that it flows from Hebrew thought and culture, are totally false.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ic-Origins

You link me to one substantive analytical paper you've written that demonstrates you know what you're talking about, and I might consider a discussion. In my time on TTA, there has been ONE, once.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2017, 09:01 PM
(03-02-2017 08:55 PM)Naielis Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 08:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I don't waste my time with theists.
I know a lot more about their religions than they do.

I'd bet you $10,000 you don't know more about Christianity than any of the theists in this call. And you've been wasting your time for a while now. If you wanted an actual discussion, you could join.

You don't have $10,000, and if you happen to, I don't need it.
I know more than ALL the theists on that call.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
03-02-2017, 09:03 PM
(03-02-2017 08:59 PM)Naielis Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 08:55 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Yeah, I'm okay with organizing something like this.

Unfortunately shift work and time zones means it's something that we'll have to srto through reasonably well in advance.

Looking forwards to conversing with yourself.

Thumbsup

I'm on EST. We talk in chat quite a bit too though so time zones aren't too relevant. We have daily calls and anyone is free to start any discussion.

PM sent. Thumbsup
03-02-2017, 09:03 PM
(03-02-2017 08:55 PM)Naielis Wrote:  ...
I'd bet you $10,000 you don't know more about Christianity than any of the theists in this call. And you've been wasting your time for a while now. If you wanted an actual discussion, you could join.

If I were a gambler, I'd take that bet.

I know it's an incoherent justification of cognitive dissonance stemming from fear.

What you got?

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-02-2017, 09:06 PM
I am a gambler. It's why I learned about Probability. Tongue

03-02-2017, 09:09 PM
(03-02-2017 09:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 08:55 PM)Naielis Wrote:  I'd bet you $10,000 you don't know more about Christianity than any of the theists in this call. And you've been wasting your time for a while now. If you wanted an actual discussion, you could join.

You don't have $10,000, and if you happen to, I don't need it.
I know more than ALL the theists on that call.

No you don't. And certainly not about Christianity.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
03-02-2017, 09:10 PM
(03-02-2017 09:09 PM)Naielis Wrote:  .....

Skype 'Ping' sent.....
03-02-2017, 09:14 PM
(03-02-2017 08:42 PM)Naielis Wrote:  I don't think I can continue unless we have a different format. I need to be able to discuss freely with you since I'm obviously a very poor writer. I'm available on Skype right now. I'm in a call with other theists. If you decide you want to have a fruitful discussion on a call, let me know.

Just so we're clear:

You're seventeen years old. It's 10pm on Friday night.

And you're Skype-ing with theists and posting on an atheist forum.

Dude, dafuq is the matter with you?

Blink

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
03-02-2017, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2017 09:20 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(03-02-2017 07:27 AM)Naielis Wrote:  Since the necessary being must have been atemporal, the act of creating time must have been atemporal.

Meaningless drivel.
ANY "act" is temporal (unless Special Pleading is invoked), by definition. You have no example of an "atemporal" act.
A god who intentionally creates GOES FROM the intent to the act. It REQUIRES time.

You can say nothing in this vein that has ANY meaning.

The use of the words "the act of creating" implies time. If you don't MEAN that, you can say NOTHING. You have no language to use that makes any sense here and you can say nothing about a deity without invoking a temporal concept.

03-02-2017, 09:17 PM
(03-02-2017 09:03 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 08:55 PM)Naielis Wrote:  ...

If I were a gambler, I'd take that bet.

I know it's an incoherent justification of cognitive dissonance stemming from fear.

What you got?

Big Grin

I'm not a Christian. The bet doesn't apply.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam