Christian vs. Humanist Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2016, 10:01 AM
RE: Christian vs. Humanist Morality
(15-12-2016 08:43 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Not true. The Bible exists. That is the basis for Christian morality and the source for all discourse concerning morality. I believe it was inspired by God but that is besides the point.
Wow. You come in here all expert like and don't even understand the number one most basic thing about Christianity - everything comes from God. That includes morality (of course! Facepalm ) The bible has no meaning without God - the truth in that lies in the fact that, without God, no one would even question that it's a complete work of fiction. Do you really want to claim that God is not important to Christian morality? Because what you just said was not only that, but that an ancient inanimate book of assembled separate scriptures is your primary source. (Yeah, don't even try to call me out on the word primary - it was you who removed God from the equation. That leaves just the book...) I'm thinking you really should answer Fatbaldhobbit's question. Consider

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2016, 10:10 AM
(16-12-2016 09:55 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 09:44 AM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Come on, a court case to settle whether or not there is sufficient evidence to prove evolution. Absurd. I suspected that there is a thread on evolution here and I found it.
Darwin made it possible to be an intellectually fulfilled atheist. [Dawkins, 1986, p. 6]

So you arent interested in learning something (from biologists for example) but rather are looking for a place to troll, got it. Drinking Beverage
You also could have learned that KvD wasnt about evidence to prove evolution, but about ID being religious in nature and not scientific, so it has no place in biology classes.

I seriously suggest you try a biology forum first. Drinking Beverage

Hello,Deesee23. I know about Kitzmiller. I read the entire transcript. Your fellow posted used it as "the final nail in the coffin" so I responded in kind.

You assume I am not interested in learning something. Where did that come from? You don't know me.
I am not trolling. I am here to discuss.
16-12-2016, 10:14 AM
(15-12-2016 09:54 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  So now you want to discuss whether a "young woman" was a virgin or not?
I am not disavowing the OT. The OT had a lot of laws for the Jews. Those law are not for Christians. I know a bit about the Jews but this thread is about Christian morality the came with Jesus.
Do you not understand that Christ has absolutely no meaning without the OT? The OT is not just for Jews. Besides, Jesus himself said so. Christian morality did not come with Jesus. It originated in the OT and continued with Jesus. He came to "uphold the old law" (Matthew 5:17).

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
16-12-2016, 10:15 AM
(16-12-2016 10:01 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(15-12-2016 08:43 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Not true. The Bible exists. That is the basis for Christian morality and the source for all discourse concerning morality. I believe it was inspired by God but that is besides the point.
Wow. You come in here all expert like and don't even understand the number one most basic thing about Christianity - everything comes from God. That includes morality (of course! Facepalm ) The bible has no meaning without God - the truth in that lies in the fact that, without God, no one would even question that it's a complete work of fiction. Do you really want to claim that God is not important to Christian morality? Because what you just said was not only that, but that an ancient inanimate book of assembled separate scriptures is your primary source. (Yeah, don't even try to call me out on the word primary - it was you who removed God from the equation. That leaves just the book...) I'm thinking you really should answer Fatbaldhobbit's question. Consider

You miss my point. Christianity exist - Christian morals exist - The Bible exists. These things contribute to Christian Morality which is part of the name of this thread. If anyone wants to discuss whether God exist I will in the proper thread.
For the purpose of this thread God does not have to exist because an ideology exist called Christian morality that is based on the Bible. And that is the subject of this thread.
Please tell me that you don't believe the world is 6000 years old and that geology is wrong I would be really disappointed if you were that intellectually dishonest.
(16-12-2016 09:59 AM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(15-12-2016 10:49 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Evolution is reality. You want to learn how we know that's true from DNA alone, read The Language of God by (evangelical Christian, head of the National Institutes of Health, and former head of the Human Genome Project) Dr. Francis S. Collins.
It's available online in pdf format:
http://www.difa3iat.com/wp-content/uploa...ollins.pdf

Read it.
Read Michael Behe's Edge of Evolution. A microbiologist who proves that there has not been sufficient time for the number of generation with beneficial mutation for life to be as diverse as it is. Darwinism has limits - mutation and random selection has limits.

Like i thought: here for trolling

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
16-12-2016, 10:17 AM
(15-12-2016 10:12 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  I have stated many times so far that the Christian basis for morality is that if you know to do good and you do not it is sin. That is Christian morality.

Citation needed. Drinking Beverage

16-12-2016, 10:18 AM
Christian morality fails utterly with the introduction of "original sin" into the canon (retconning the Talking Snake™ Incident to turn that poor snake into Satan), and by its use of substitutionary atonement.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-12-2016, 10:19 AM
(16-12-2016 10:14 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(15-12-2016 09:54 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  So now you want to discuss whether a "young woman" was a virgin or not?
I am not disavowing the OT. The OT had a lot of laws for the Jews. Those law are not for Christians. I know a bit about the Jews but this thread is about Christian morality the came with Jesus.
Do you not understand that Christ has absolutely no meaning without the OT? The OT is not just for Jews. Besides, Jesus himself said so. Christian morality did not come with Jesus. It originated in the OT and continued with Jesus. He came to "uphold the old law" (Matthew 5:17).

Not uphold fulfill.
Jesus came and put a higher standard on what it means to be Christian. Not a set of laws to adhere to with you body - your actions - but a renewing of the mind. It I sin to know to do good and not do it. That is a way higher standard than the 600 plus laws from Judaism.
16-12-2016, 10:20 AM
(15-12-2016 10:33 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Is there a thread on the lie of evolution?
And there went any shred of credibility... Laughat

[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post