Christian vs. Humanist Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2016, 11:45 AM
RE: Christian vs. Humanist Morality
(16-12-2016 11:36 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 11:32 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Repercussions? What repercussions are there for a christian?

Sin. And eternity in abusive dad basement as payment for so called sin.

Well, according to Bzltyr, the existence of his god wasnt relevant to his morals. Looks like thats not the case, and his existence and the existence of his "furnace for his kids" is relevant, what a fucking surprise. Big Grin

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
16-12-2016, 11:47 AM
FOURTH TIME:

THE FOLLOWING CHRISTIAN DOCTRINES ARE REPULSIVE, UNETHICAL, IMMORAL, AND AN AFFRONT TO HUMAN DIGNITY AND INTELLIGENCE.

The Doctrine of Hell

The concept of an Omni- god who created you knowing in advance that you would sin

The Doctrine of Original Sin

Vicarious Redemption

I CHALLENGE YOU TO DEFEND THEM.

ETA: My apologies to my fellow forumites for the font/size/color of these last couple of posts. Just trying to drive the point home that he is dodging.

although I have to admit, posting in all caps is kinda fun...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
16-12-2016, 11:50 AM
Yeah I'm done talking about evolution. This guy has clearly lied about reading the things he claims to have read, and I'm not going to sit here and explain basic concepts of biology to him (especially given that he slanders my wife, who is a Sunday School teacher as well as an evolutionary biologist, every time he suggests that her acceptance of science is anti-God, as well as a number of fellow biologists, mostly former colleagues, I know who are Christians and friends) in order to provide him with a distraction from the original topic he wishes to evade.

Hobbit has the floor. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
16-12-2016, 11:50 AM
(16-12-2016 11:42 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 11:09 AM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Remember, it is not part of a Christian's moral code to lie.

Then why do so many of you do it?

(16-12-2016 11:09 AM)Bzltyr Wrote:  It is ingrained in the atheist to lie because there are no repercussions.

Oh?

Well, let's take the obvious first.

You're wrong about repercussions because there are social and possibly legal repercussions for lying. The fact that some liars escape the repercussions does not change the fact that the repercussions do exist.

You're wrong about christians' suffering repercussions for lying for two reasons:
First, if the sinner confesses his sins then all is forgiven and no repercussions.
Second, there is no god, so there are no metaphysical repercussions for the sinner to fear.

(I may be over-simplifying a bit, but hey, you just called me a liar. Deal with it.)

So atheists are ingrained liars?
What about those of us that were christians? Were we not really True Christians TM? Bad seeds, wolfs-in-sheeps clothing, etc.?

(16-12-2016 11:09 AM)Bzltyr Wrote:  For the atheist whatever is advantageous to the cause it is allowed.

Apparently that applies to you as well. You are shifting topics, dodging questions, casting aspersions and using discredited sources. All to prove your point.

"Whatever is advantageous to the cause..."

Come on, be fair. I am trying to stay on topic I am not dodging and I am being sent down rabbit holes. I will address all your questions in the proper thread. If you are cool with totally high jacking this thread fine. Let me know.

I will address your questions that fit this thread.
Why do so many Christians lie. - Not perfect yet.
I was using the argument that I hear so often that Christians cannot be fair minded and that their conclusions are reached according to their belief and that their research is subject. I do not think atheist lie more than any other group - that was tongue in cheek.
16-12-2016, 11:53 AM
(16-12-2016 11:44 AM)Bzltyr Wrote:  The law has not been destroyed but the Christian is not under that law. Just like I am not under Sharia law. The law exists but I am not bound by it.

Not a correct analogy. And so you don't have to follow the 10 commandments then? Consider

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
16-12-2016, 11:55 AM
(16-12-2016 11:50 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Yeah I'm done talking about evolution. This guy has clearly lied about reading the things he claims to have read, and I'm not going to sit here and explain basic concepts of biology to him (especially given that he slanders my wife, who is a Sunday School teacher as well as an evolutionary biologist, every time he suggests that her acceptance of science is anti-God, as well as a number of fellow biologists, mostly former colleagues, I know who are Christians and friends) in order to provide him with a distraction from the original topic he wishes to evade.

Hobbit has the floor. Smile

Wow. You know I lied? That is amazing. I never said anyone who accepts science is anti-god.
You are a chump. Stop lying about me and what I said. You are putting your prejudices on me.

btw I did read the book. And you cannot know any different. Run away if you want.
16-12-2016, 11:58 AM
(16-12-2016 11:53 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 11:44 AM)Bzltyr Wrote:  The law has not been destroyed but the Christian is not under that law. Just like I am not under Sharia law. The law exists but I am not bound by it.

Not a correct analogy. And so you don't have to follow the 10 commandments then? Consider

No, I do not follow the 10 commandments because I am not under that law as no other Christians are under that law. They are good laws but they have no power over me. You obviously do not know the reasons for the law.
16-12-2016, 11:58 AM
(16-12-2016 11:50 AM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Come on, be fair. I am trying to stay on topic...

(16-12-2016 11:55 AM)Bzltyr Wrote:  btw I did read the book. And you cannot know any different. Run away if you want.

Baiting back into the off-topic. Hmm. Consider

You can't have it both ways. Pick one. Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
16-12-2016, 12:00 PM
(16-12-2016 11:58 AM)Bzltyr Wrote:  No, I do not follow the 10 commandments because I am not under that law as no other Christians are under that law. They are good laws but they have no power over me. You obviously do not know the reasons for the law.
I'm just trying to keep up with your viewpoint. So you find it acceptable to worship a different God then since you don't have to follow the 10 commandments?

16-12-2016, 12:01 PM
(16-12-2016 11:41 AM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 11:34 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Clearly this guy never read or digested Turings paper on mathematical biological morphology.

Turings was obviously lying so he could be right and have everyone think he was cool. That kind of argument does not work. Step up your game.

Why is Turing lying ? Turing was at the time a disgraced chemically emasculated scientist who won ww2 but was fucked over for being gay largely as the result of your perverted religion being prevalent in Britain at the time. Provide formulae he was wrong and trying to be cool because all evidence proves that was not the nature of Turing, lols you're actually not that bright are you. I don't need to step up my game against you mister infact I probably need to dumb down Big Grin