Christian vs. Humanist Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2016, 12:42 PM
RE: Christian vs. Humanist Morality
(16-12-2016 12:29 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Baldy - I CHALLENGE YOU TO DEFEND THEM.

Start a new thread and I am all over it.

Why would I defend them? I get nauseated just thinking about some of them.

You're not very good at this, are you?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2016, 12:43 PM
(16-12-2016 12:40 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 12:33 PM)adey67 Wrote:  What the hell does that even mean ? Help me here guys am I going totally mad ? Shocking

I think he is saying one person can still be right despite the general consensus to the contrary.

Ah thanks, in other words lying for Jesus or I'm right because I said so .
16-12-2016, 12:51 PM
(16-12-2016 12:43 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Ah thanks, in other words lying for Jesus or I'm right because I said so .
And he doesn't understand the concept of scientific reliability.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
16-12-2016, 12:52 PM
(16-12-2016 12:33 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 12:12 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Science does not work on "general consensus."

What the hell does that even mean ? Help me here guys am I going totally mad ? Shocking

Hug

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
16-12-2016, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2016 07:44 PM by adey67.)
Hashtag ... I raped your ass and now you are morally bankrupt.... BitchLaugh out load
Edit., as in the bible and Christianity is pretty much bankrupt, should have mentioned that, would help if I could sleep at night I wouldn't keep making cockups lol
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
16-12-2016, 12:59 PM
(16-12-2016 11:20 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 10:28 AM)Bzltyr Wrote:  ...
James 4:17New International Version (NIV)
17 If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.

I'm given to believe that a large number of christians voted for Trump. So not only did they not do good but they went further and did bad.

Are they therefore christians who lack christian morality or are they unchristian?

Unsure

Bump!

Sleepy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
16-12-2016, 01:12 PM
(16-12-2016 10:43 AM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Matthew 5:17King James Version (KJV)
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Beyond the scope but here goes - Fulfilling the law means that Jesus lived his life without sin and won back the worked from Satan. This is way beyond the scope and a short incomplete answer. Have you got a couple of days?

Didn't Jesus dishonored his family at some point? I am not too sure about the verses, but I do remember having a conversation with Q at some point over the fact that at some point a group of person confronted Jesus while he was preaching to tell him his family was there and wanted him to stop and come back to them. Jesus would have then replied that he had no family beside his disciple. It seems that at some point Jesus and his mother and half-brothers had some issues with one another. Rejecting your family is a clear insult and a huge stain on their honor. One of the most important value and commandment of God was to respect, obey and love your family. Wouldn't that make him commit a sin? He also prevented people from stonning an adulterer. While I completly agree with him on this point, isn't adultery a sin and a crime? Why were adulterer considered criminal under Christian rule afterward? I guess I really don't understand what a life without sin meansConsider

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
16-12-2016, 01:13 PM
Well, that was ugly.
16-12-2016, 01:18 PM
(16-12-2016 12:51 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 12:43 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Ah thanks, in other words lying for Jesus or I'm right because I said so .
And he doesn't understand the concept of scientific reliability.

This bugger doesn't understand science at all, I'm ashamed to admit I allowed him to convince me that because I'm not a scientist I'm worthless. I was wrong. Now I know better I am ten times worth his intellect a subject I'm surprised at. Fundie philosophy is sooo bankrupt.
16-12-2016, 01:19 PM
(16-12-2016 01:13 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Well, that was ugly.

His fault not ours mate.