Christian vs. Humanist Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2016, 02:45 PM
RE: Christian vs. Humanist Morality
(18-12-2016 02:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-12-2016 01:34 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  They, like most of you, don't know a good spanking when they get one.

You're telling me your performance last night was you spanking us? Laugh out load

Let me give you a very simplistic analogy.

If I say the sky appears blue and you say it appears green and it is actually blue and you do not believe it you have been spanked and you don't know it.

Meaning, I told the truth and it was rejected.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2016, 02:52 PM
(18-12-2016 02:45 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Let me give you a very simplistic analogy.

If I say the sky appears blue and you say it appears green and it is actually blue and you do not believe it you have been spanked and you don't know it.

So you have no idea of what the truth is?

You can make true statements, that reflect reality and that can be tested and verified by everyone.

You made no such statements.

You repeatedly made empty declarations with no support or evidence whatsoever.

You offered no evidence.

You offered no proof.

You offered no truth.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
18-12-2016, 02:54 PM
(18-12-2016 02:45 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(18-12-2016 02:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  You're telling me your performance last night was you spanking us? Laugh out load

If by truth you mean childish fairy tales about space wizard you were indoctrinated to believe in then yes you told the truth and it was rejected.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
18-12-2016, 02:57 PM
(18-12-2016 02:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  You're telling me your performance last night was you spanking us? Laugh out load

You need to prove it with evidence. If you're content to say something and assume it's true just because you said it, then you don't really deserve our respect or even our regard.

Your job as a Christian is to help us to believe. Do your job! Meet us our our level and provide the evidence that you know we need to accept what you say is actually true.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
18-12-2016, 03:10 PM

You told what you consider to be truth, and were unable to show why you believed it. Spanking would be backing it up with real evidence. Sadly, that's not what happened. It is interesting that you manage to preserve your self-image though, I thought we must have put a dent in it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
18-12-2016, 03:16 PM
Let me pose a question here. I do not want to argue whether there was a world-wide flood or not. That is not my purpose.
Scientists in the field look at the evidence and say there was no flood.
Other scientists in the field look at the evidence and say there was a flood.

The scientist who say there was not flood say that because they don't want to admit it - this is a lousy response.
The other scientist who say there was a flood say that because they are Christians - this is also a lousy response.

I hope you get my point.

So I post the conclusions given by my guys and you post the conclusions given by your guys. I am not "lying" and you are not "lying" and neither are either of the scientists. So what do we do? You do not accept the conclusion that there was a flood. We can argue all day long and people will get pissed at me and call me stupid and a liar and belittle me and say I am believing a fairy tale that is two thousand years old.

What's the point of all the discussion?

You say I have to give evidence. That won't matter because you will have evidence for the opposite view and yo will accept that instead. That is why I try to stick to just trying to tell the story the way the Bible states it and there is no evidence for that other than the Bible itself. Doesn't mean it is not true.
18-12-2016, 03:16 PM
(18-12-2016 02:57 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Your job as a Christian is to help us to believe.

Is it really? I've heard that JW must preach but I'm not sure about other sects. Regardless I would like to live in times when christians would keep their faith to themselves and wouldn't consider trying to convert a worthy endeavor.

(18-12-2016 02:57 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Do your job! Meet us our our level and provide the evidence that you know we need to accept what you say is actually true.

Considering that most (?) of the users here were religious I think that you give him Sisyphean task.

(18-12-2016 03:10 PM)morondog Wrote:  It is interesting that you manage to preserve your self-image though, I thought we must have put a dent in it.

When you know The Truth it is easy to dismiss what others are saying I assume.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
18-12-2016, 03:17 PM
(18-12-2016 03:10 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-12-2016 02:45 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Let me give you a very simplistic analogy.

You told what you consider to be truth, and were unable to show why you believed it. Spanking would be backing it up with real evidence. Sadly, that's not what happened. It is interesting that you manage to preserve your self-image though, I thought we must have put a dent in it.

No dents, just a little bruising. See my post above.
[+] 1 user Likes Bzltyr's post
18-12-2016, 03:24 PM
(18-12-2016 03:16 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(18-12-2016 02:57 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Your job as a Christian is to help us to believe.

Is it really? I've heard that JW must preach but I'm not sure about other sects. Regardless I would like to live in times when christians would keep their faith to themselves and wouldn't consider trying to convert a worthy endeavor.

It is worthy to me.
I believe that what I have is important enough to state it and even wrestle with atheists about it no matter the "slings and arrows" that come my way.

I am also a snarky SOB. That can make it fun.

If I am right and you all end up in Hell I do not want it to be because I just ran off licking my wounds and didn't tell what I believe to be the truth.

As I have stated in previous posts I have argue with atheist before. One of the people who was most hateful ended up really engaging with me. We became friends and had many good discussion. I got my point across and he considered it.

Victory for me - I was heard.
18-12-2016, 03:29 PM
(18-12-2016 03:24 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(18-12-2016 03:16 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Is it really? I've heard that JW must preach but I'm not sure about other sects. Regardless I would like to live in times when christians would keep their faith to themselves and wouldn't consider trying to convert a worthy endeavor.

It is worthy to me.
I believe that what I have is important enough to state it and even wrestle with atheists about it no matter the "slings and arrows" that come my way.

I am also a snarky SOB. That can make it fun.

If I am right and you all end up in Hell I do not want it to be because I just ran off licking my wounds and didn't tell what I believe to be the truth.

As I have stated in previous posts I have argue with atheist before. One of the people who was most hateful ended up really engaging with me. We became friends and had many good discussion. I got my point across and he considered it.

Victory for me - I was heard.

You won't be heard here with your current tactic. I tried to advise you of this in a previous post.

Know thy audience.