Christian vs. Humanist Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2017, 05:21 PM
RE: Christian vs. Humanist Morality
(02-02-2017 05:16 PM)Naielis Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 05:12 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  You have ZERO evidence, all you have are fatuous arguments that have bad premises. You must have missed my earlier post where there is evidence that falsifies the first premise of the Kalam Cosmilogical Argument:

Premise 1- Whatever begins to exist has a cause.

This is false, radioactive decay has no cause. It is a wrong premise.
No I saw it. The Kalam isn't my primary argument. It has too little specification. Many of the cosmological arguments were refined by contemporary philosophers to fit modern science.

(02-02-2017 05:12 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Furthermore you go on to create ARGUMENTS WITH ZERO EVIDENCE to support your imaginary being and then start listing characteristics of this being WITH NO EVIDENCE. In short you are making shit up and then you double down on this imaginary being and assert characteristics about it after you are shown evidence that the premise of your argument is not true.

Cosmological arguments are evidence. I'm not making anything up. You didn't show that my arguments were flawed. Did you think I was supporting the original Kalam?

Cosmological arguments are ARGUMENTS, not evidence. There's your problem right there, you don't know the difference between arguments and evidence.

You are engaging in a deceptive game here, you need to clearly state your argument and stop playing this game of hide and seek.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
02-02-2017, 05:21 PM
(02-02-2017 05:12 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 04:10 PM)Naielis Wrote:  An argument for the existence of something can be used as evidence for it.

No as a matter of fact it cannot. If you cannot provide scientific evidence then you have no case.

(02-02-2017 04:10 PM)Naielis Wrote:  Scientific evidence only gets you so far.

It gets you a lot further than the metaphysical.

(02-02-2017 04:10 PM)Naielis Wrote:  Science can't be applied to everything.

And religion shouldn't be applied to anything.

I disagree with your epistemology. I think it might be necessary to discuss this in a call. I PMed you with further explanation.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
02-02-2017, 05:24 PM
(02-02-2017 05:21 PM)Naielis Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 05:12 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  No as a matter of fact it cannot. If you cannot provide scientific evidence then you have no case.

It gets you a lot further than the metaphysical.

And religion shouldn't be applied to anything.

I disagree with your epistemology. I think it might be necessary to discuss this in a call. I PMed you with further explanation.

WTF do you think you're doing trolling people to get their private information so you can harass them?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
02-02-2017, 05:27 PM
(02-02-2017 05:17 PM)Naielis Wrote:  I'd appreciate some decency here. I don't recall insulting your intelligence in this manner.

Okay, I gather from the above comment you are an American right?

You are currently posting on the worldwide web.

Your particular sensibilities are of no consequence really because we all differ. I, as an Australian, don't take offence as easily as many others do. Especially Americans. Meanwhile they wage wars, kill children and steal oil, install puppet regimes and voted for Commodus.

Don't offend them though. They are delicate.

Last night I had a funny experience. An American took offence at a typical Aussie comment and then went on to stoke my suicidal fires.

This character, Velvet, took offence at me????

The world is a big place and exists beyond borders. Remember that when on the internet. That's my advice.

Example: Yesterday a conversation between me and my best friend.

"Mate, what have you done ya silly cunt?"

"I fucked up."

No offence taken.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
02-02-2017, 05:28 PM
(02-02-2017 05:24 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  WTF do you think you're doing trolling people to get their private information so you can harass them?

No... I wanted to discuss the issue of epistemology further. Why would I want to harass someone? What have I done that would give you that impression?

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
02-02-2017, 05:30 PM
(02-02-2017 05:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 05:17 PM)Naielis Wrote:  I'd appreciate some decency here. I don't recall insulting your intelligence in this manner.

Okay, I gather from the above comment you are an American right?

You are currently posting on the worldwide web.

Your particular sensibilities are of no consequence really because we all differ. I, as an Australian, don't take offence as easily as many others do. Especially Americans. Meanwhile they wage wars, kill children and steal oil, install puppet regimes and voted for Commodus.

Don't offend them though. They are delicate.

Last night I had a funny experience. An American took offence at a typical Aussie comment and then went on to stoke my suicidal fires.

This character, Velvet, took offence at me????

The world is a big place and exists beyond borders. Remember that when on the internet. That's my advice.

Example: Yesterday a conversation between me and my best friend.

"Mate, what have you done ya silly cunt?"

"I fucked up."

No offence taken.

Well I think etiquette is important if you want to have a fruitful discussion. I don't see why they'd want to insult someone in that manner.

02-02-2017, 05:31 PM
(02-02-2017 05:28 PM)Naielis Wrote:  No... I wanted to discuss the issue of epistemology further. Why would I want to harass someone? What have I done that would give you that impression?

What's your address mate?

Understand now? Consider

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
02-02-2017, 05:33 PM
(02-02-2017 05:30 PM)Naielis Wrote:  Well I think etiquette is important if you want to have a fruitful discussion. I don't see why they'd want to insult someone in that manner.

Who's etiquette?

You totally missed my point.

Don't push American etiquette on non Americans.

We are very different.

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
02-02-2017, 05:33 PM
(02-02-2017 05:31 PM)Banjo Wrote:  What's your address mate?

Understand now? Consider

No. I didn't ask for any personal information. I sent a PM with my Skype username. What's the problem with that?

02-02-2017, 05:34 PM
(02-02-2017 05:31 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 05:28 PM)Naielis Wrote:  No... I wanted to discuss the issue of epistemology further. Why would I want to harass someone? What have I done that would give you that impression?

What's your address mate?

Understand now? Consider

I do not quite see the equivalence. Ultimately, one makes sense and can be largely replicated (given the medium), and the other cannot.
[+] 1 user Likes Christian Philosophy's post