Christian vs. Humanist Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2017, 05:35 PM
RE: Christian vs. Humanist Morality
(02-02-2017 05:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 05:17 PM)Naielis Wrote:  I'd appreciate some decency here. I don't recall insulting your intelligence in this manner.

Okay, I gather from the above comment you are an American right?

You are currently posting on the worldwide web.

Your particular sensibilities are of no consequence really because we all differ. I, as an Australian, don't take offence as easily as many others do. Especially Americans. Meanwhile they wage wars, kill children and steal oil, install puppet regimes and voted for Commodus.

Don't offend them though. They are delicate.

Last night I had a funny experience. An American took offence at a typical Aussie comment and then went on to stoke my suicidal fires.

This character, Velvet, took offence at me????

The world is a big place and exists beyond borders. Remember that when on the internet. That's my advice.

Example: Yesterday a conversation between me and my best friend.

"Mate, what have you done ya silly cunt?"

"I fucked up."

No offence taken.

I'm offense, and I take American to this.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
02-02-2017, 05:35 PM
Lightbulb RE: Christian vs. Humanist Morality
(02-02-2017 05:33 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 05:30 PM)Naielis Wrote:  Well I think etiquette is important if you want to have a fruitful discussion. I don't see why they'd want to insult someone in that manner.

Who's etiquette?

You totally missed my point.

Don't push American etiquette on non Americans.

We are very different.

Debate etiquette is international. You don't insult people in a fruitful discussion.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
[+] 1 user Likes Naielis's post
02-02-2017, 05:40 PM
(02-02-2017 05:35 PM)Naielis Wrote:  Debate etiquette is international. You don't insult people in a fruitful discussion.

You think you're at some symposium or something?

Mate, this is regular people on an internet forum.

Sometimes the words "Don't be fucking stupid" are useful and accurate.

You are currently discussing a subject that is kind of silly. Christianity has one moral. Love god or suffer the consequences. That's it.

Everything else is acceptable.

Thus far you have asked for someone's phone number. And you then speak of etiquette???

Go take a long look in the mirror, mate.

Oh I am sorry, was that not fruitful?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
02-02-2017, 05:42 PM
(02-02-2017 05:40 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 05:35 PM)Naielis Wrote:  Debate etiquette is international. You don't insult people in a fruitful discussion.

You think you're at some symposium or something?

Mate, this is regular people on an internet forum.

Sometimes the words "Don't be fucking stupid" are useful and accurate.

You are currently discussing a subject that is kind of silly. Christianity has one moral. Love god or suffer the consequences. That's it.

Everything else is acceptable.

Thus far you have asked for someone's phone number. And you then speak of etiquette???

Go take a long look in the mirror, mate.

Oh I am sorry, was that not fruitful?

I didn't ask for anyone's phone number. That is simply a lie. I PMed them my SKYPE username.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
02-02-2017, 05:44 PM
(02-02-2017 05:30 PM)Naielis Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 05:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Okay, I gather from the above comment you are an American right?

You are currently posting on the worldwide web.

Your particular sensibilities are of no consequence really because we all differ. I, as an Australian, don't take offence as easily as many others do. Especially Americans. Meanwhile they wage wars, kill children and steal oil, install puppet regimes and voted for Commodus.

Don't offend them though. They are delicate.

Last night I had a funny experience. An American took offence at a typical Aussie comment and then went on to stoke my suicidal fires.

This character, Velvet, took offence at me????

The world is a big place and exists beyond borders. Remember that when on the internet. That's my advice.

Example: Yesterday a conversation between me and my best friend.

"Mate, what have you done ya silly cunt?"

"I fucked up."

No offence taken.

Well I think etiquette is important if you want to have a fruitful discussion. I don't see why they'd want to insult someone in that manner.

It was humour used to relieve the intense sense of frustration just relax grow a thicker skin fyi this forum is quite confrontational and raw at times, banjo is right this is an international forum so sometimes humour doesn't translate. To me your arguments don't make much sense your epistemology doesn't work your word salad sounds evasive and at times contradictory it could be argued that you are insulting us with these arguments.
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
02-02-2017, 05:50 PM
(02-02-2017 05:42 PM)Naielis Wrote:  I didn't ask for anyone's phone number. That is simply a lie. I PMed them my SKYPE username.

Not a lie. A mistake. Even sending an unasked for Skype address is perhaps poor etiquette?

Plus your arguments are unoriginal and we've suffered them all before.

Adey is right. You insult our intelligence.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
02-02-2017, 05:52 PM
(02-02-2017 05:35 PM)Loom Wrote:  I'm offense, and I take American to this.

Loom gets it. Smile

Banjo.
02-02-2017, 05:54 PM
(02-02-2017 05:50 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Not a lie. A mistake. Even sending an unasked for Skype address is perhaps poor etiquette?

Plus your arguments are unoriginal and we've suffered them all before.

Adey is right. You insult our intelligence.

I sent a username. How is that poor etiquette? And my arguments weren't meant to be original. They're meant to be valid. Cosmological arguments are not an insult to anyone's intelligence.

02-02-2017, 05:56 PM
This topic is largely a fruitful one (The PSR is a highly debated and argued principle that many have discussed over the years), but yet I am seeing a level of confusion on both sides. I see no reason, to back up Naielis, that an argument cannot be used as evidence. If each of the premises is true, which they are arguably are (The PSR both has appeal from epistemology and metaphysics, including I think the possibility of logic and even science for as Rob Koons states, brain states could also be emerging with no intelligible explanation given the denial of the PSR and Principle of Causality), then I think it follows the argument is viable given classical logical inference. Unfortunately however, this forum appears to be a nest of proponents of scientism, which is dead within philosophy and is primarily held by dogmatic scientists unqualified to speak on the subject. Secondly, why can an argument not rely on scientific or philosophical evidence (like the existence of contingent beings), and work up from there? All of the premises in an argument rely on sub arguments, so reason dictates this could be evidence. Arguments simply could be deductive inferences from the evidence which the premises rely on. I do have to disagree with Naielis here in his/her defense of the PSR in wake of the objections from radioactive decay, which is why I will provide a link by an excellent philosopher, who is a defender of the this principle:

http://edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2014/12/...y.html?m=1

Love you all and may God bless you,

Christian Philosophy
[+] 1 user Likes Christian Philosophy's post
02-02-2017, 05:56 PM
(02-02-2017 05:54 PM)Naielis Wrote:  I sent a username. How is that poor etiquette? And my arguments weren't meant to be original. They're meant to be valid. Cosmological arguments are not an insult to anyone's intelligence.

Serious question. What age group are you a member?

I don't know how to treat you?

You sound very young and inexperienced.

Banjo.