Christian with a question II

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2016, 12:44 PM
Christian with a question II
Is there some chance you might have thought there is some evidence that hasn't been discovered yet that will show that our world was actually created by an intelligent being? For instance, like DNA. Many years ago we had no idea what that was and now we see just how intricate and tied together our cells are and that for the intricacies of DNA to just have happened by chance is pretty unlikely. For all we know someday someone may discover something deeper inside DNA that further defines its subsystems to a level we'd never experienced of before.

Are atheists so close minded they are sure they know everything there is to know about our universe?

Phu Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2016, 12:51 PM
RE: Christian with a question II
Allrighty then, let me run and get my popcorn.

Popcorn

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 6 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-08-2016, 01:08 PM
Why should we waste or time on something written in antiquity by scientifically ignorant humans? How much time do you waste considering evidence my be found in the future for the existence of the ancient Egyptian God Ra or Osiris or Horus?

Humans make up all gods. Our species is much older than any written religion or boarders. Our planet is 4 billion years old and our sun is only 1 of billions in this galaxy alone. A galaxy so big it takes a ray of light 100,000 years at the speed of light to cross the galaxy. That is only 1 galaxy in a universe full of hundreds of billions of galaxies.

No, I see no God/or god or gods or anything super natural giving one rats ass about humans. I do see humans as having very vivid imaginations which produce reflections of human narcissism and fear in the form of god claims as projections of human's qualities.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
06-08-2016, 01:12 PM
(06-08-2016 12:44 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  ...
For all we know someday someone may discover something deeper inside DNA that further defines its subsystems to a level we'd never experienced of before.

How small does a god have to be to able to hide in that gap?

Ohmy

[+] 13 users Like DLJ's post
06-08-2016, 01:32 PM
Anything's possible but until that happens I'll continue not believing. Not the sort of concern that I'll lose much sleep over.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
06-08-2016, 02:09 PM
Firstly, you need to understand atheism. It is not a belief in anything. No closed mindedness there.

What you misjudge as closed-mindedness is the simple truth that everything you bring as evidence has been beaten like a dead and moldering horse for centuries. It's a case of been there and done that for generations.
Bring the evidence, prove it all out and it is a done deal. I would not care one bit nor live my life differently though. This evidence as you describe it would not prove that one of the thousands of gods Man has created is THE one, or any of them at all.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
06-08-2016, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2016 02:36 PM by unfogged.)
(06-08-2016 12:44 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  Are atheists so close minded they are sure they know everything there is to know about our universe?

No, atheists are generally the ones saying that we don't have the answers and that's why we should not jump to conclusions that are not warranted. It is typically the theists who think they know the answers.

When we have evidence that demonstrates the existence of a god I will reconsider my position based on that evidence. It makes no sense to believe before the evidence is there "just in case".

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
06-08-2016, 02:18 PM
(06-08-2016 01:32 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Anything's possible but until that happens I'll continue not believing. Not the sort of concern that I'll lose much sleep over.

No that is not how science works.

The part science takes into account are issues of probability stemming from large sample rates over long periods.

In that context no, not everything is possible. "Monkeys might fly out of my butt" since we have not lived the future is not a probability remotely worth considering.

Not only as Hawking said "A God is not required", there is far more evidence in human history pointing to humans making them up.

If "anything is possible" then right now as you read this Angelina Jolie is giving me a blowjob. Somehow without refutation you are rightfully rejecting that claim.

Christopher Hitchens, "That which can be asserted without evidence can be easily dismissed without evidence."

No, things are not possible by default either, the burden of proof is always on the claimant.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2016, 02:33 PM
(06-08-2016 12:44 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  Is there some chance you might have thought there is some evidence that hasn't been discovered yet that will show that our world was actually created by an intelligent being?
Are atheists so close minded they are sure they know everything there is to know about our universe?

Phu Cat

Is there a chance that you would consider being an atheist until such time as this hypothetical evidence presented itself?
Or are you so closed minded that you are sure right now you can decide that life was intelligently created without any such evidence?

A friend in the hole
"I'll be back when I want it...not when I need it." - Hawkeye
"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 12 users Like unsapien's post
06-08-2016, 02:52 PM
(06-08-2016 12:44 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  
.... they are sure they know everything there is to know about our universe?
Phu Cat

When did i say so? Did we ever talk to each other, or why do you know what i think i know?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse